or Connect

Posts by Unconventional1

Well, nothing happened over here last night I thought for sure that was it- had regular contractions until 5:30 am, but now nothing! Oh, well, this is officially the longest I have ever been pregnant by 3 whole hours so far! I guess I am still on the island with you ladies!
Quote: Originally Posted by loveneverfails Congratulations to SilverSpook and Unconventional1 on bravely conquering their due dates! I'm happy there is a great support thread for all of us late April ladies! I love reading all the awesome birth announcements, but man I can't wait to join the other side! Also... something is starting up... but we will have to see if it is the real thing or not... DD was born the day after her due date,...
Quote: Originally Posted by silverspook Happy Due Date To Me! Hey me too! Only no real contractions here for the last 5 days or so. My hips are really sore too, but this LO seems willing to just stay put! Anything after tomorrow will be my longest pregnancy ever since DD came at 40+1. DS was 38+6, so we are way past that. So I guess I am joining the tribe, I was waiting till I made it to my due date, and here we are....
We are totally not ready here either- the house is a wreck- DH works a lot, and I can't keep up. I don't have the space for new LOs clothes cleared out yet, the car seat isn't adjusted, but it is out!, the bed linens need changed.... Ack- my head is spinning at the things that need done- but probably won't before this one is here- good thing they don't need much for the first few weeks huh?
Whew- so glad we made it past 4/20 here- we live in Boulder, and I don't need that sort of association with this little one! I am also super happy to have a taurus baby- DH is virgo, I am cancer, DS is a saggitarius, and we have an aquarius with DD. DS is super intense, and we did NOT need another fire sign in the house- earth sounds better! DH and DS clash a lot at times, and I wanted to have a calmer influence in the house! DS also predicted DDs b-day perfectly, and he...
My DD still hates the carseat She is a year old. It has improved, she does not scream EVERY time we leave, but overall she still doesn't like it. Now that she has figured out that we are usually going somewhere she likes- it definitely helps. She also had reflux when she was little, so if her tummy was upset, it was worse. Once we figured out her intolerances for certain foods, it improved a lot- plus we made sure to schedule it so that we left at nap time so she would...
We do raw goat milk here- cow doesn't agree with anyone in our house (didn't know that until we tried the goat and all sorts of little digestive upsets cleared up). DS started on raw cow at 18 months or so, but mostly just tastes since he still nursed a lot. I got pregnant when DD was 6 months old and started letting her have a sippy with raw goat at 10 months- but mostly just for tastes. I have relied on it a good bit the last month or two since my supply dropped some and...
My son was 2 weeks old and SIL brought her DD over to see him on Christmas- she told us after the fact that her DD had the MMR a week and a half before- a little over a week later DS had rubella- so from my experience, there is risk of catching it.
Interesting question, and one that has certainly hit home this pregnancy for me as well. With DS I felt my grandpa's spirit surrounding him throughout the pregnancy and especially during labor (rather traumatic for everyone, but we all made it through and are healthy!). Then with DD I felt on the verge of losing her during labor (partial placenta previa?) and labor was super fast and intense- she was out within about 5 minutes after water broke/pushing started. I felt my...
Quote: Originally Posted by SuzieQ3417 I talked to the ped about it, and she mentioned that with her oldest kid she had to give up dairy because it was making him so gassy...sure enough this past weekend I ate WAY more dairy than I normally do (lots of cheese, ice cream, etc). I really don't want to give up dairy (because I love cheese ), but if it means a happier baby and more sleep for me, I guess it's something to consider. Neither of my...