or Connect

Posts by not_yet_a_mom

Well, I know that having a baby anytime soon would be a bad idea for me because I don't have the time or energy to devote to a baby. I don't think I could take it to classes, and frankly from what I have heard about being pregnant, I don't think I could handle that now either. My career is very important to me, in fact, probably the most important thing to me (other than my marriage). I don't have financial aid, so that's a non-issue. I don't know that my parents would...
I guess I should start off this post with a little bit of information about myself... I am a 23 year old graduate student who has been married for 2 years. I kinda always figured that I would have children, but then I changed my mind about it, and now I guess I am sitting on the fence. I hope that makes sense. Lately I have been having dreams about being pregnant and having a baby (and in my dreams I am so happy), which makes me wonder what I want. I am confused... Usually...
Sorry that I haven't been able to get back to you all with the results of my practice questionnaire. This semester has been trying, so I was planning to analyze the data in mid-May, BUT my computer's hard-drive died this week, so I lost everything!!! I am so sorry!!!! On a positive note, I will be working of the official questionnaire for my thesis (pending approval from the university Institutional Review Board) in the coming weeks and hope to have it online by...
Thank you all again for helping me out! If you know anyone else that might be interested in filling it out, please send them the link or have them email me at tink1@carolina.rr.com I would like to hear from more parents
Thank you all so much!!!! I am overwhelmed at the responses that I am getting! If you haven't filled it out yet, please do so. I will let you all know what I find out (I am going to leave the questionnaire up for a while to give people a chance to fill it out). This is a pilot questionnaire for a class, but I really hope for the same response rate when I do my questionnaire for my thesis!
Yay! I was just checking my results and saw that I had one from a parent. Woo hoo! I want to get both sides of the story, so to speak. Thanks!
Hi there! I am a graduate student at UNCC and I have been given the assignment to “pilot” a questionnaire for our research methods class. I am looking at some of the factors that might play a part in whether people decide to have children or not. Your participation is voluntary and your answers will be kept confidential. Also, it is to be anonymous, so don’t put your name on it. The questionnaire can be found at http://dmec.gotdns.org Thanks in advance to those that...