or Connect

Posts by cristina63303

Thanks GuestMama!!! I really needed that post!
So, 5 months on, DS's infection is long gone and the crisis is over. HOWEVER, the balanitis left him with a very narrow preputial opening and significant ballooning. Since there's no pain, I'm not immediately concerned, but I did take him to his old German ped two weeks ago. To my surprise he said "I wish I could tell you otherwise, but his foreskin is quite scarred and I honestly don't think it will be resolved without surgery. The tight ring is a scar and it will...
Thanks everyone! DH explained to DS how to stretch the skin a bit and he's back to a stream of urine, albeit thin. He does urinate, it just takes him longer than it used to. I had a long talk with someone who knows more about this topic than anyone else on the planet (you all know who she is... isn't she AMAZING???) who, like Gillian, suspects yeast and suggested acidophilus culture. I'll implement tomorrow and keep you guys posted. I keep thinking about the...
Let me start by saying everyone in my family is intact and circumcision is not an option. I have two intact sons (9 and 7) We moved to Miami from Germany 5 months ago. 9 yo retracts no problem. 7yo does not retract yet and I've never thought anything of it until recently. It turns out the orifice in his prepuce has been shrinking to the point that he complains about pain when urinating. His urine stream was down to a thin thread a few days back and today it was...
So I went over to the camp office Thursday morning after I dropped off the boys. I very calmly and nicely said I had a concern and recounted my son's story: that he was sad because they laughed when he changed into his swimming trunks. I said I thought the reason may have been that he's intact. Answer: "Oh, I can see how they would have been surprised". I continued: That we're european and not only don't believe in circumcision, but are strongly opposed to it...
Quote: Originally Posted by Yulia_R Circumcision started in North America in the Puritan 1870s as a cure for masturbation. Masturbation was considered to be evil and sinful and was blamed for all sort of illnesses including blindness, paralysis and mental retardation http://www.noharmm.org/docswords.htm , http://www.cirp.org/library/history/ , http://www.sexuallymutilatedchild.org/shorthis.htm As late as the 1970's medical books were claiming that...
Quote: Originally Posted by Fyrestorm I would use this as a teaching opportunity! Make sure he tells those people that his mom and dad didn't think he needed surgery to reduce the size of his penis. I told him he was born perfect and still is. My older son asked who came up with the idea of cutting parts off babies. I said that throughout history different cultures have develope traditions that later have been shown to be nonsense. He...
Quote: Originally Posted by Super Pickle This is kind of a joke, but... You didn't send him with a Speedo swimsuit, did you? Because if you did, it's more likely they were laughing at his bathing suit than at his penis. Not funny. No. I know better than that. His swimsuit today was long and baggy surf shorts.
Quote: Originally Posted by latinalonestar OMG! Shame on those counselors and shame on those children's parents. I am so sorry. I think you should also tell him that if they make anymore jokes he should ask them why they are looking at his privates. I think you handled it well. Have you ever had a discussion about circing with him before? Yes. I've explained to both my boys (my daughter is a bit too young, I think) whact circumcision is. ...
I'm spending 4 weeks in the US. My sons are attending summer camp (day cam) since yesterday. Today my youger one tells me he's sad because they laughed at him when he changed into his swimsuit. I have a hunch I know why: he's intact. I asked him who laughed and he said some kids. I asked about the counselors and he said some laughed as well. I explained that most kids here have part of their penis cut off at birth because their parents think that's a good idea. He...