or Connect

Posts by yogachick79

Thank you for replying. While he wouldn't see someone to talk to (god knows we've needed that in our own marriage and he wouldn't), he would probably hear it from a teacher very well. We have conferences coming up at the end of the month. I'll make sure that he comes along and maybe bring up the subject of girls and attitudes to get her take on it and let him hear that it's normal.
My husband is not the bio father of my eldest child (had her in highschool). That said, he has been around since she was 4/almost 5, and we married when she was 6. She has called him dad since we got married and initiated that on her own. She loves him VERY much, and he loves her. He treats her like she is 100% his child (she knows who her bio father is, but they don't interact).   She is 12, and fast approaching that lovely, very attitude-filled stage. DH is really...
Also subbing, but wanted to say that I have an amazing recipe for crockpot sloppy lentils. Not sure if I can legally post it here, but you could always PM me if you want it. :) Lentils are the BEST!
If I am undertreated for my hypothyroidism (dose is documented too low, but current doc won't deal with it) would a low dose of L-Tyrosine be advisable?   I am sorry that you are going through this mam (((hugs))). I am BP 2 but have had my dx for quite some time. I was unmedicated through each of my last two pregnancies and found the post-partum time to be particularly difficult. I developed an axiety disorder and OCD, both of which I am now being treated for in...
Had no idea what to even title this... I've been gluten free for just under a month now. I've felt really good after a few first rough days. Slipped up this weekend by forgetting about checking something, and paid dearly for it gut wise. I already know that I am very sensitive to dairy, now I can add gluten to that list, but I also seem to be reacting to nuts now?! Not horridly, but my stomach bloats a bit and I get AWFUL gas very quickly afterwards. I found this out by...
I honestly think that a lot of the negative reactions come from people feeling threatened by the dedication that has to come with it. Others are just completely ill informed and have no idea of the gravity that it can have. But my experiences tell me more of the first. I have been vegetarian by choice for almost 11 years and am now vegan. My doctor just asked me to go gluten free because I've been having some very bad gut issues. The reactions from family and friends,...
Do you have a regular allergist that you can see? Someone that can deal with the food as well as give you some info on the possibility of asthma. I've found that my dude just doesn't handle things as well as my other two. He was born "full term" but wasn't really ready when labor started at 37 weeks. He had RSV, has asthma and several food sensitivities (no food allergies thank goodness). If he's having breathing difficulty you need to get him in quickly. They may give...
Hmm, very interesting. I can't speak to straight depression but this could be very bad for someone who is BP. Insomnia and sleep deprivation can push you in to (or increase a current one) manic swing (for me at least and according to my doc) so I'd be careful if you are either BP going through a depressive downswing or not sure exactly what is going on.
When you say that your mom and her brother both had "it" do you mean that they were clinically dx'd with Bipolar Disorder or are you just going by the symptoms that can be associated with it? I wouldn't panic yet. It DOES sound like you really need to get in to a therapist at least to talk about the deep emotional scarring that you have from a hard childhood. This alone can impact your day to day moods along with postpartum hormones which could be causing PPD/PPA which...
I am so glad that things have gotten better for all of you! You had so much going on, it's wonderful that he agreed to see just one more