or Connect

Posts by Treece

Anyone know where I can find my log in info for the rater hub? I can go live, and I want to, but I am unable to log in. I have tried everything I can think of.
I can't believe I even enrolled him. I knew for 20 years I would homeschool. I have curricula. I have a variety. We are using Easy Peasy. So far it's going great. He does the beginning reading. He likes that because he is more advanced than the first lessons of Teach your child to read in 100 lessons. We checked it out from the library a while back. We didn't really like it. We have Phonics Pathways, another one that we didn't like. I think there are other phonics...
Ugh, so after ALWAYS (since I was 10 years old) wanting to homeschool my children, I sent my son to PS :( He's in Kindy, but should be in 1st. Anyways, there are so many barriers for me to get him there, it's unreal. The school is great, but it's in another town, and is a 1 hour each way city bus ride for me, if we miss the school bus. On these days, he generally stays home. So, school hasn't even been in for a month and he has missed so many days. Last week, he only went...
I'm against restrictive dress codes, like the ones common in my area. The more restrictive they are, the harder it will be on low income families. If I wanted my children to wear a uniform, I would have put those schools number one, but I did not, I selected a school that does not require uniforms. In fact, the schools I will pick will be more along that line. When my son hits middle school, he can use whatever criteria works for him. For now, the most important aspect is...
Ok, I feel I need to weigh in here. My son is attending a public school. I had no intentions of sending him to PS and planned to HS. Well, circumstances changed and I enrolled him a week prior to school starting. In my area, kids aren't placed necessarily by address, but by "cluster" which is based on address. There are several schools in a cluster. Most of the public schools require a uniform: khaki or navy bottoms, and white or a certain color top. One of the schools...
I plugged the tubing from the Medela onto the Y thing from Purely yours. Or I would put the tubing from Purely Yours into the holes for the tubing on the Medela. It worked with no noticeable loss of suction. 
I know you mamas are more knowledgeable than I am. Please help me figure out if there is some sort of hack for it.
My bf's sister just had a baby and she has the Freestyle pump. He accidentally got her the Pump in Style kit. Is there any humanly way to make these compatible?   I have NO experience with the Freestyle; but I do know that the Pump in Style is compatible with the Purely Yours, so I like to think that there is a way. Also, i am not there and would have to relay the message through him.
If you are wanting to continue homeschooling, you could find a local homeschooler to watch him during the day.   If you are wanting to enroll him in PS, you may be able to mid-year if you want that.   You may qualify for assistance for childcare.
Do you find that it is good for kids who are "science-y"? My son is really into science and experiments. He will be 5 in a couple of weeks. This year, we are playing around with Exploring Science which is from www.elementalscience.com. I for one, think it doesn't go too far in depth for him. For a child who isn't into science, it would be great, and cover the basics just right. Of course, this is for his age group. Maybe I should have went up a grade level? Sorry, to...