or Connect

Posts by Mama2-4

Hey All, Just checking in after being absent for a long while...I do read from time to time, but never seem to post! I have not forgotten you all and wanted to wish our babies a Happy Birthday Month! My little Audie turned 2 today! It is so hard to believe that 2 years have flown by already! We are all doing well. I now have a 14 year old daughter, and the teen years are TOUGH, that is all I can say! We went to high school orientation the other night and that was...
Congrats to Helen, Dea, and Lauren I am so delighted to hear about your new little ones! Enjoy them, makes me want another! Sarah Lynn, I hope your little one is born soon!
Quote: Originally Posted by bbrandonsmom Why doesn't everyone start writing, calling, emailing etc thier state government, or for that fact the US government. I'm talking mass amounts of letters and stuff. I mean, they've got to realize that people are protesting this and will possibly lose thier jobs. If they are all about people finding/keeping thier jobs, why don't they step in and tell the state they can't mandate healthcare workers to get the flu...
Is he attending any of the rallies on Friday? I am considering going back to Bridgeport to work, St. Vincent Hospital is very nice. There is a very informative Yahoo group up called NY Vaccine Stragegy Forum, you might want to sub the group! Best of luck to you and your hubby.
Quote: Originally Posted by Lydiah He also said that all health professionals are getting this shot which is totally untrue. There is a big portion of doctors and nurses that dont want the shot at all. Well, in NY it is mandatory now for us all to get it, but I am one of those healthcare providers who will oppose and as a result be loosing my job if this law doesn't change by 11/30.
Steph, Are you in NY? I am looking into working in CT. It will make a long commute of about 90 minutes, but I guess I will have to deal with that...
Oh, and ZoeyZoo, thanks for that link, I am going to read it over. Looks like some good info to share with my group!
Well, we won't survive long without me working either, and the fact that it sounds like there will be no unemployment really stinks. I am going to start looking for jobs in CT, or in the wonderful (blah) insurance industry where I would not have direct patient contact, but could do case managment...I am also thinking about doing some classes in holistic nursing, craniosacral therapy and once certified starting my own business. It may be a door to a new life, gotta stay...
I have learned today that it looks as though we will not be eligible for unemployment either as the action of refusing to take this vax = insubordination. I can not believe how things are going down, to think all my years working as a nurse, exposing myself to germs, diseases, and the dedication I have to my patients and the profession of nursing, all being flushed down the toilet b/c I am exercising my right to decide what I put into MY body!!! Unbelievable.....
I guess this means I may never work as a healthcare provider in NYS again...better apply for my CT nursing license.