or Connect

Posts by pianojazzgirl

They can be very demanding at that age.  As in literally demanding (like in your examples: "sit here", "come this way", etc).  But it's ok to say no sometimes.  Or to defer ("wait a minute").  Or to redirect to something else.   If you need to go downstairs just to fetch something you could give her the option of coming with.  Even if she waits upstairs and cries for a little minute I think that's ok (others may feel differently).  I think the thing is to be clear...
This is normal.  Totally totally totally normal.  Babies and toddlers need a LOT of attention.  They need to be close to their caregiver.  It can be very difficult to get anything done around the house.  You need to accept this, while trusting that it will get better as she gets older (21 months is still really little though).   You say that sometimes it's enough to be on the same floor as her.  Well, yes, you almost certainly will need to be on the same floor as her...
Yes, the other posters are right - our help can only stretch so far.  You need to take her for a 2nd opinion.    As I suggested up thread you can try eliminating dairy and/or wheat from her diet to see if that makes a difference.   But mostly you need to find another dr who's not a jerk.
I'm so sorry to hear that you miscarried.  It really does make a difference to have good support.  Be gentle on yourself.
Ok, I've left a voice mail for one of the guidance counselors to call me back.  I'm hoping to hear from her by the end of the day.  Tomorrow is not a school day (though maybe they'll be there on a professional day???).  I hadn't thought of talking to the teacher, but maybe that's what I should do Mon morning if I haven't heard back from the guidance counselor yet?   Thanks for helping put in words my thoughts about talking directly to her mom.  I definitely was...
I agree that this does not at all sound "normal".  Whatever the cause (and it needs to be investigated!) having watery stool several times a day is not normal.  However there can be many causes.  If your dr has said that this is normal you need to get a 2nd opinion.   Diet might be a good first place to start investigating.  A dairy or gluten intolerance might well be at the root of things.  You could start an elimination diet today, while you're working on finding...
No, I haven't called yet.  Yesterday I ended up spending the day in the dr's office and going for medical tests (I have some weird health stuff going on right now).  Today is the day.  I also have my best friend telling me that she really thinks I should talk to the mom first - that if it were her she'd rather hear it before a social worker.  I just don't feel comfortable at all doing that... I'd have to send a note with my dd for her dd to give the mom to ask her to...
p.s. can I nominate this for best thread title of 2012???
OMG me too!  That is just so awful.  I can't believe the response from the company.  Sorry Kotex, not good enough!  
Ok, help me out here...   I looked on the school website and they have 2 guidance counselors, 2 psychologists, and 1 social worker on staff (it's a big school).  Which of these people should I be talking to?