or Connect

Posts by katencyn

Thanks so much. Checking on it. Cyn
Hi all, I'm sorry if I've posted this in the wrong spot...couldn't figure out the best place! I stopped breastfeeding my 3 year old in March, and the last couple of days I've had breast tenderness and colostrum colored discharge? milk? from one of my breasts. Ow. Should I be worried? Advice? Thanks in advance, Cyn
Wow, I came onto the boards to post almost the same thing about my almost 3 yr old ...glad I clicked on your post first! We are in nearly the same situation, except my DD is the queen of passive resistance but if you aren't watching her, look out. Yesterday she set something on fire and today she was licking an extention cord. This is a kid who has always been really reasonable. What the heck is going on? We have been wheat and dairy free since birth, but it has been...
Quote: Originally posted by GoodWillHunter: I will say, other rooms in the house are very useful Well, Exactly! Who made up the rule that sex only happens at night in the bedroom? Isn't it amazing that we can break with tradition in other parts of our family/relationship structure and yet still be so confined by what we were taught was "right" in other parts? I think that was my real frustration with this Dr. Phil response- telling these folks...
Oh, OK, thanks all. I just didn't want to see cosleeping getting a bad rap again! Yeah, Dr. Phil is kind of a schmuck to a certain degree...sorry, but its true. Peace, Cyn
He's blaming a sexless marriage on co-sleeping! Okay, maybe I didn't hear him right...is anyone watching who can clarify? If he DID say this...is there anyone else out there besides me who disagrees with him? I think I might need to get a transcript of this week's show to reply to this. Opinions? Peace, Cyn
Hi everyone! I wonder if anyone has some good ideas for a fun and relatively inexpensive party for a two year old. Home parties and/or excursions are great! I am just looking for inspiration and advice from the board's groovy mamas(and dadas!) Thanks, peace... Cyn
Thanks everybody! I am hungry after reading all these gorgeous posts. I can't wait to make a bunch of these things and check out the links, too! I've decided to do meals for her for a couple of weeks - its so easy to just make extra of what we eat and send it over. She really appreciates it, and it reminds me of how much I loved it when folks did it for me...those were some of the most physically, emotionally and spiritually nourishing meal I've ever eaten. Sigh....
Hi everyone! Can anybody suggest some beautiful and soothing meal menus? I would like to make a really fabulous meal for a family who has just had their second child. The first one, of course, is a fussy toddler! They have no food allergies (luckies!) and are 'omnivorous'. All the same, I think a well planned and truly healthful meal is a far greater gift than something less thought out. (One well meaning but clueless friend of hers showed up with a bucket of spicy...
I am so with you - it was VERY hard for me to get back into my art after Kate. I actually ended up exploring new types of artwork that were more conducive to my schedule and energy level because I was so blocked with my normal stuff. I also decided that it was time to try some new things because I felt so different about myself after becoming a mom - braver, less inclined to suffer fools gladly, etc. After doing some new things for a while, I felt like I could go back...