or Connect

Posts by pie

brown bone in skin on chicken in butter in enameled cast iron dutch oven remove chicken add rice, frozen veggies, seasonings, water to cover bring to boil reduce to simmer return chicken cook covered over medium heat twenty minutes until chicken is done and rice is soft
I am interested in other opininions besides yours. That's why. Thanks. Seriously can anyone discuss this without becoming emotional?
you post fast. I am honestly not comparing CD to anything else. I'm not even complaining about excess.~~~~~~~~ I AM pondering whether the commercialization and materialistic side of CD are defeating the purpose? ~~~~~~~~~ I do realize many a WAHM makes a HUGE difference in her family's life via CD and related products, and that's great. I can see it likely hurts fewer people than many other habits! And there's a happy medium between twelve dipes and a whole lot...
seepae, I said I have my own habits. I wasn't personally attacking anyone. Just looking for some philosophical conversation about diapers. K?
seepae, if you are interested in the health of your child, isn't consuming LESS a priority for you? I'm just being the devil's advocate here, but I have been wanting to have this convo for a LONG time. And I saw the topic in TAO and thought... hey! And no I didn't CD my son. I knew little to nothing about it. Now I do, and I intend to with my next child, and wonder if I'll be able to keep it simple myself or if I'll end up totally diaper crazy and having a blast...
I didn't say that cloth is thrown out. My question is why is the EXCESS necessary, and how is it justifiable OUTSIDE of it being a fun habit? And is that fun habit compromising the whole point of cloth diapering? I read somewhere that something like eighty percent of the world's pollution is created by the textile industry. Even organic textiles pollute to a degree, right? So why over consume? Is there ever too much of a good thing? I never said anyone should feel...
I am sure you have heard this before, but I don't get how using more resources and textiles than you need to is environmentally sound. I can see the actual cloth being better for the baby. Of course. But why waste so many resources, and thus cause a great amount of pollution, and consider yourself to be better (fine, if not better than, how about more aware? cooler? I don't know, but I do know 'sposies' god I don't like that word, are really disdained in general by the...
I just give my son a box of twinkies and let him watch the wrestling channel all day. it's easy. what's the big deal?
oh, I'm judgemental about Ezzo followers and child abusers. Very. Incredibly. I'm judgemental about lots of things related to kids. I can't help it. Be nice to kids or don't have them.
Cookie Monster Mommie, I totally realize how bitchy I sounded. I think I was responding to the trash comment but had something to say about what you said, which was all really nice. It is good to point out that a lot of homeless are drug addicts. Maybe some people think they just got laid off last month or something. The sad thing really is that most homeless you never see. They are skilled at spending the days inside libraries with their children, or in public parks,...