or Connect

Posts by Alexander

Sighhhh! Ahhh! Chemicals! Sorry, I agree with nextcommercial. This is a crush. Maybe worth having a little word with the young man (appologise for the phases she is going thru, no need to feel that he has to wave at the window the whole time he's out there, just hello and goodbye etc thank him for being so noce about it etc) but you'd best let this burn itself out. nice
Quote: Originally Posted by FatherOf2 Solely performance based child rearing is a poor model to follow. I don't understand the mentality of telling your children you are going to disney world in a week, if they behave. Does it work? I'm sure in some cases it does but the premise itself is flawed. Man! I so so so agree. Except that actually it never works, even when it seems to, that is just a random success A hint for the...
Echoing some of the comment above, "don't beat yourself up". Hitting any child shows a deep lack of understanding of parenting and the roles and responsibilities of adults and roles and abilities of children, but to hit a child under 3 is for and reason is a red flag. Some homework for your DH is in order. We guys like to watch rather than read. Why don't you get him some Super Nanny (Jo Frost) DVDs to watch. I believe she has done both a US and a UK series. Anyway,...
Quote: Originally Posted by FatherOf2 gnomes hahahahaha too funny!
Quote: Originally Posted by BetsyNY Folks have said that before....I just don't see it. He's been evaluated by a dev. pediatrician, and autism wasn't discussed, probably because he's *very* engaged and social, esp. with peers, excellent eye contact, imagination, etc. He does have SPD as well, which would explain the rigidity, I guess. And he's getting zero OT right now, because it's so close to the summer. Ah! High functioning Aspies are...
Horrid! The Ezzo philosphy pops up like a many headed hydra. Those that promote it should be ashamed of themselves.
Quote: Originally Posted by lyra1977 Oh, man. I struggled with this issue with my DD and realize now that it was more about my control and perfectionist issues than about her behavior. Oh you are a beautiful person! Melon... he's 1. This is what they do! This is not bad behavior, just normal behavior. Prevention or accommodation is prolly a good way to go. eg, plastic mat on the floor to make tidying a breeze, giving small amounts on the...
don't do swim lessons
I remember this! We took more time. Tough sometimes, but we followed her around a bit in the store or where-ever. (didn't always work) Then we involved her by asking her for the things on the list, (sometimes drawn in advance with pictures), (didn't always work) or handed things for her to put in the push-chair (didn't always use a trolly), (didn't always work) or, if we were lucky, had her in the child seat in the trolly, telling us where to go. (didn't always...
Prolly you have done the 'get down to her level and look her in the eye' bit.... and the calm 'Mum and dad don't want you to do that, do you understand' bit right? Have you done the 'if you do xyz then I'll have to give you a warning, and if that does not work you'll have to sit here ---> for 5 minutes, and then you can only go when you say "sorry mum (i2i) + hug + kiss resolution. If not, then this little "naughty-step ballet" needs to be done before you need it, when...