or Connect

Posts by Alexander

Deb, If you ever find you resolve turning to jelly, check out this book, these chapters online written by Dan Greenberg. . In fact there is a whole load of stuff, some of it on line. It is a shame that the name "un-schooled" took root, as it implies that those proponents are somehow "anti-education", and the situation is made worse by the fact that as a "movement", it does attract a certain number ill-informed parents who hanka after the "anti-society", (whatever...
And I would like to see it go up as a choice.. I would like a Mothering team to visit Junior and High schools (with a large bunch of mags onder their arm) to do a course on how to not hit your children, but still be a successful parent with a councilor, theropist activist and whatever. Show all the evidence that it NEVER works, just causes a lot of upset. The course could include a "live" drama, workshop, discussion, group theropy...whatever. Catching kids before...
From age 1 to 2.5 we did nothing but phonics games in the bath between eating strawberries, (no ABC, ever), used only small letters (never big), and then left everything quite alone except for leaving loads of books around and doing storytime a million times a day! At four, she could read. All by herself without one lesson. We are using the same technique for writing, which she is just starting to get interested in. So, What's the trick. Your child will learn to...
Well, kids will emulate their parents. That is what they are designed through evolution to do. So if you want them to modify their behavior, you should too! Painfull isn't it! a
Hahaha You'll be posting at all un-godly hours for a few months then!!! a
This is not a boy thing. I have a 5 1/2 dd who does the same. Yes they are looking for independence, but also they are 1) testing to see that you are right, and the limit is where you say it is (probably it has not been and this has lead to a suspision that the world is a little different, and they wantto find out the truth) 2) Absorbed. The solution to these little annoyances (they should not annoy in the first place by the way) a) Stop telling them every...