or Connect

Posts by coop_mom

hello all   we're having some trouble with the older boys not playing nicely with the little one.  my son is 6, the other 2 boys are 8, and one of the 8 year olds has a 4 year old brother.  the kids live next door and across the street, so they play together pretty often.   any thoughts on getting them to play nicely together?? the little one is often left out, such as the boys forming their little club and not including the 4 year old.   I'm not really sure...
thanks for the welcomes! :)   had a fun day at the Please Touch museum in Philly...so nice to have busy days like today :)   --k
Hi all   A newbie unschooler here, and feel that I'm somewhere between unschooling and relaxed homeschooling, but since we don't use a curriculum and do child-led learning, and I identify with unschoolers more, so here I am!  Clearly still feeling my way around... :)   A quick intro!  My son, littleboy (age 6) and I live in central Jersey just south of Trenton.  We started homeschooling last year when montessori school started not working for my freebird/social...
m, I feel your pain   it has been a long long time since I have had close friends...I also have acquaintances (parents of friends of my son (age 5) mostly) but finding friends of my own has been a real challenge   just recently, I think I have a made a friend or two...but it's been SUCH a gradual process! and it's like I forget how to be a friend! it's feel like I've forgotten my social graces!   luckily, one of the women I'm trying to forge a friendship with...
hello all   We are working on establishing a new alternative school in the Pennington/Princeton area called the Peaceful Valley School for Natural Learning.  We are holding an initial information session on Tuesday, November 29, 2011, 7pm at the Mercer County Library, Hopewell Branch.  This meeting will be to share information about the school, do some brainstorming, and gauge interest of prospective students as well as to see if people are interested in helping...
I saw Dr. Alan Dattner a couple years ago, he's a very holistic dermatologist.  A bit quirky, but very nice.   http://www.drdattner.com/   PM me if you have questions :)   --kristin  
funny, I was just coming to this forum to post an almost identical topic. My son is five (august) and is in his kindy year at montessori. He is having similar problems as the OP's LO, and we recently had a parent teacher ( and parent/ directress) conference to discuss. My feelings are almost identical to the OP's. I don't really feel comfortable shoehorning DS into a structure that I don't feel completely comfortable with, but we have chosen this school, and don't want...
hey, thanks for the post...I think I'm on a natural mom's meetup or yahoo group with you :)   thanks for reminding me about Unity!  we actually applied last year but didn't get in, but we will try again next year, it's looks like a great school...   Cottage does still have appeal, and the willow school looks beautiful, but is quite expensive...   we should get together sometime :)   --kristin  
hello folks   We're trying to figure out what to do school-wise for next year.  DS will be going into first grade, he's currently in his kindergarten year at montessori school.   I wondered if anyone knew of alternative private schools in the Basking Ridge/Morristown area?   The Wellspring School was in this area, but unfortunately it seems they recently closed.   Does anyone know anything about the Cottage School?  I think it's in Peapack...   We...
hello all   I'm looking for a child therapist for my 5 year old son.  Nothing specific going on with him, just a lot of complications going on at home and still having some potty accidents too frequently.   Anyone know of a good child therapist in Somerset or Morris counties (or extended area)?  We live in Basking Ridge but are willing to travel a little ways if we can find someone we like.   I've been willing to be somewhat flexible with his pediatrician...