or Connect

Posts by joy2grow

8 mo DD never accepted a bottle, I'm home full time so it wasn't a big problem.  We started her on a NUK Trendline Tie Dye Learner Cup at 6 months & it's worked great!  She loves to chomp on it & can hold it herself to drink when she chooses.  It is spill proof & has a nipple like slow flow spout.
Thank you so much for the reply. My husband went out and bought Lasinoh to use when it clears up, good to know that can help prevent this again. He also got anti fungal cream, hydrocortisone cream, and Desitin. I found on many sites to mix equal amounts of these three to soothe and heal the skin. After her nap (now) she will get a bath and we will start this regimen. I'll share how it goes in case it could help others. We normally use cloth full time at home but are...
I'm sure this has been discussed but the search feature is just giving me an error message. I am traveling and so can't take dd to her ped (which I honestly avoid as much as possible). I am interested in using an over the counter product as natural cures generally take longer and her skin was so raw when I discovered it two days ago under her chin and between her thighs/groin.  The first thing I tried was cornstarch to absorb the moisture, that just made a paste that stuck...
Thanks All for reading & your supportive comments   aHikaru, my first was born at 40+3, so I was quite surprised to go early.  However, I live at 7000 ft elevation now (compared to 5000 then) and some say that could make a difference.  TwillightJoy, while my water gushed out the sack did not so it created a dam at my cervix which was reinforced by baby's head.  I didn't know that could happen either!
My water broke on Friday, May 3rd.  This was a new experience for me as it did not break at all with my first baby so I had no idea what to expect.  I contacted my doula to let her know it had happened and to be on alert if things went quickly.  My contractions were sporadic and quite mild through the evening so we just stayed home.  The hospital where I planned on delivering is 1 1/2 hr drive so we had to be sure labor was underway before making the trek. By morning...
I packed a small suitcase with:   Birth dress (just a comfy knee length dress, nothing special) maternity tank for tub light jacket yoga pants light robe heavier robe slippers flip flops warm socks toiletries   coconut water snacks arnica massage oil & oral tablets RRL tea (in fridge till go time) essential oil & plug in diffuser iPad & charger couple of magazines notebook & pen   Going home clothing: two choices of...
I've been taking 1000mg EPO each day orally since 36 weeks.  I was checked by my midwife 2 days ago at 38 weeks.  She said my cervix was "soft as butter"...90% effaced...and 2 cm dilated!  She suggested I quit taking the EPO and let my body do the rest.    My MIL will be here in 9 days to look after DD during the birth.  As soon as she's here I plan to try and jump start labor by having sex more often (with an emphasis on extra nipple stimulation to get the oxytocin...
I did not feel the baby move till 21weeks, which caused me some anxiety as I had experienced two later term losses before.  It was suggested to me that since my placenta is anterior this time that it was absorbing the feeling of movement till then.  Now at 31 weeks there is lots of movement every day and I am so thrilled with every moment of it!    I never was aware of having BH in any of my previous pregnancies.  Feeling hyper aware this go round so I'm wondering...
I've been reading a lot from this site lately and am very impressed with the range of positive results from ingesting black cumin seed: http://www.nigella--sativa.com/my-herbal-products.html I also follow along on Facebook and really appreciate the energy of the woman behind the black seed site. I intend to add black seed oil to my diet as soon as I can.   Hopefully it is not cancer.  Either way, it seems like taking this supplement is a good idea.   ((( )))
Pregnancy insomnia is the pits!  I find that eating a protein based snack before bed along with supplemental magnesium is helping me stay asleep.  I use a generic form of Natural Calm most nights before bed.   I buy the Vitacost brand online, they call theirs Natural Tranquility.    Best of luck!