or Connect

Posts by megincl

Must jump in to say welcome, Planet, to your Wylie Blue!   We have a Wylie, too! She is 2 already and certainly lives up to her name. I feel like one of the things that kept us TTCing through 4 hard years to conceive her was wanting to use this terrific name! :) (it's okay to admit bias, right?)   Hoping you are enjoying the wonders of these early days and that you see the fun and hilarious sides of "wily-ness" come through soon as well.
You definitely want to keep fresh sperm warm or at room temperature. Though we didn't have to drive to our KD, we just left it out between the time he did his business and we were ready to insem. I've heard of folks wrapping it in a sock or just keeping it in a jar between their legs on a drive.   Also, for 30 minutes, you should be fine even if you can't keep it completely warm right next to your body.   Best of luck!
We're in the market for a Vitamix, mostly because DD has many food allergies and smoothies have turned into a main source of nutrition, and I know the Vitamix will let me mix in a lot more (and do so in a subtle manner).   For those who have them, is there a reason that I'd want one with a dial and variable speeds over the one that just has a low speed and a high speed? The variable speed ones are about $100 more....but if I'll regret it with use (and I hope to use...
Coming out of lurkdom to wish much luck to Krista.   Our DD is the result of one IVF cycle with PGD. SOOOOO helpful to do the PGD after 4 successive losses. I really think it made all the difference. Hoping the same is the case for you.   Would love to know more about the choice to freeze and then transfer later....but only if you feel like sharing. Really it's just curiosity.   Good luck with the drug cocktail. My wife was amazing with all of that. I would...
Just hopping in briefly about shipping the fresh stuff.   We did that (from the opposite coasts to you, easttowest), and you could also consider splitting the sample and doing two insems with it. The swimmers stay alive for a while on ice with the buffer (up to 96 hours, some say), so you could definitely do that to up your chances a bit. We did that once and ended up pregnant (though that was also one in a string of losses for us...for unrelated reasons).   Just...
Wanted to jump in here quickly to write a note about egg quality.   Our DD (now 1.5) was conceived via IVF after we had four early losses. DW was 35 at the time, so we didn't even think about egg quality. We thought it was just a matter of staying pregnant. However, when we went to an RE, he was pretty certain it was an egg quality issue and was able to get us to IVF because of the need to do genetic testing of the eggs (PGD). Of the 7 retrieved eggs that fertilized,...
We faced similar questions, though they were related to storing sperm, accessibility of our KD's sperm, etc (he lives across the country). Ultimately, we decided that having both kiddos have the same known donor (who is definitely IN our lives) was most important.   I know that IUIs are generally thought more effective than ICI, but I wonder if there are reasons that you or your doc/midwife currently think they are most effective for you, particularly. If there's no...
Chiming in on domperidone.   Katie used it when she had big supply issues with Wylie. It definitely made a difference, though she didn't get the double or triple supply that some report.   We got our first stash from a friend, and then the rest we bought from an out-of-country online pharmacy. I'll send you the link via pm, if you want. Just say the word (just not sure about posting it up here). I hear that's what most folks do. Katie's PCP didn't want to...
Hoping in here quickly to ask Library if you've tried domperidone. If you want more info on it, just give a holler!
All sold but the caps.   Two very warm and super cute caps remain...come and get them!