or Connect

Posts by godusjourney

Thanks for all the replies!! It's nice to know that there are more struggling with sexual identity in one way or another. To answer questions...   I've been interested in the idea of being with a woman for 7ish years, when it suddenly dawned on me as an option (I was raised in a very strict, fundamentalist-type religion, so I never had allowed that sort of thought to cross my mind as an actual option). I realize now that I wasn't ready to consider (in a "for real"...
Any other mamas who were married to fabulous men, had sweet babies and then realized they were gay?  I'm at that point in my life.  Married for 8+ years to my best friend and we have 2 beautiful kids (who are 8 and almost 6).  It's been in my mind for at least 7 years, but not until now has it finally dawned on me that I'm not just bisexual, but actually gay.  It's a scary process for me since I've built my life around heterosexuality, and the thing is, I love my...
Anyone??
Hi Mamas! I was just diagnosed today with ADD by my psychologist. We've been working together for a few weeks (doing some awesome art therapy) and today we finally put some symptoms together and realized what is wrong. It feels right to me. I have the type that is mostly confusion and mental cloudy-fatigue. I'm reading about Dr. Amen and his treatments and looking more intently at the GAPS diet. But I'd love to hear from other mothers with ADD and hear how you are...
Yep, it's just like breastfeeding. Supply and demand. The more often you milk, the more milk they will produce (within reason). Don't expect to get a whole lot at first from the second milking, but after a couple weeks you should be getting just about as much as you get from the first milking.
I finally got them leafy hay (as opposed to the grassy horse hay they were eating since I've gotten them), but they were eating that before I got them and their milk wasn't goaty then. And it's what they are supposed to be eating... Other than that, nothing is different. There is a 2 month old buckling in with them, but is he really old enough to be making "the scent"?
After talking to a farmer that breeds/sells the kind of sheep that I want and the kind of goats that I have, I've decided to just get another buckling and wait on the sheep. Someday soon... Thanks for the response!
Stopping in for some thoughts. I have a small herd of Nigerians that I purchased a couple months ago. They have produced sweet, creamy, delicious milk (aside from one that is nearly dried off - I assume from the stress of moving to a new home). However over the last couple of weeks they are suddenly producing "goaty" milk every few days. I've tested it and it seems to be goaty smelling and tasting the moment it comes out. So it must be something going on inside...
I picked Buff Orpingtons as my chicken breed of choice and got 12 chicks 2.5 months ago. But then I saw all the other cute chicks out there and starting adding to my collection. I decided it would be good to try out a number of different chickens and see what I really liked best. I have so many chickens now it's nuts! But I love them all so much! I do love the Buffs a lot - they are very curious and walk right up to me to investigate and let me pet them. My Barred...
Digging this thread back up for more thoughts. The akbash puppy has been a lot of trouble, which has been frustrating for me and hard for him I'm sure. He is a sweet guy and if I didn't have farm animals, he would make a great pet. He has become very attached to us (which is probably bad considering I got him for my goats, but I've gotten VERY conflicting advice from LGD books and owners). However, I can't say he is a very good farm dog, no matter his breed's heritage....