or Connect

Posts by Serrendipity

How's the re-homing process going? Have you contacted any of the rescues linked? It sounds like you have a sweet (if a bit neurotic) dog. Best wishes!
Thank you, thank you. : That fateful day, I was sitting at the computer nursing the new baby, and Dog came up to beg off me, with her butt against the office-chair-thingy for the carpet, squeeked out a fart, jumped up and yelped like she'd been kicked or something, and then started barking at the spot her butt had just vacated like it had just insulted her mama. I laughed SO HARD, my stomach muscles hurt for days. I couldn't wait to tell DH, and I still haven't let his...
Quote: Originally Posted by angie7 As far as our land (it's just over 2 acres), we can't have a fence that runs our property line but we can have a decorative one on the property that isn't more then 3.6 feet tall, fine, no problem. We have dogs but we will either put up one of these pretty fences or we are considering underground fencing. Quote: Originally Posted by sapphire_chan When you find that your LO can climb over and...
I had a host of bogus interventions with my first DD. After seventy-eleven weeks of Bradley classes, and reading everything about how not to end up in that situation. I thought I was as well-educated as I possibly could be before labor. Then my water broke, and my labor stalled, etc., etc. Afterwards, I knew exactly what I wouldn't do again, even though I wasn't necessarily disappointed with my first birth. It just wasn't all that I hoped for. With my second baby, labor...
Yeah, I'm really not seeing the harm in letting her still go to preschool if all her academic needs are being met at home. If you break it down, $25 a week isn't all that much to spend to keep her in a program that makes her happy and still meets her social needs. That's about how much I'd expect to pay a sitter for one night if DH and I went out for a few hours in the evening, let alone a few hours three days a week. Private preschools around here expect 4x as much as...
Yeah, I'm with Tankgirl. I'm having a hard time seeing how there is a downside for the child. Hands can be washed; clothing changed. Kids can usually wait long enough to pull over and find a potty (unless you keep one in the car, then there's no waiting, really). All of your "reasons" are a pain in the butt for you, understandably, but that shouldn't have gotten in the way of doing the right thing by your child. My two girls were both introduced to the potty at about...
Quote: Originally Posted by rere Ha!We have this rule too but it's called "don't drink the dirty butt water". OMG! I thought we were the only ones to call bath water dirty butt water! We have that rule, too, I just didn't think it was weird enough to mention compared to wearing the cat on their heads! Serendipity
Quote: Originally Posted by Waldorf PC I have a real problem with germs known as germaphobia. I do not condone anything to go in the baby's mouth that should not be there. The only things that go into my child's mouth are things that are meant for that purpose, such as teething toys, an they must not touch the floor for any length of time. Should this happen, I take a baby toothbrush, brush the child's teeth, and then I disinfect the toy. The child...
Quote: Based on your information, below is how your score compares to those of others with similar demographic information. Your score: 0 Gender: Female Age range: 20-29 Best score for your gender and age range: 0 Highest score for your gender and age range: 1364 Yay! It was fairly easy for my eyes to see the difference in colors, but if I stared too hard, it still messed with them. I've got ever-increasing myopia, so it's good to know my eyes...
Lay some info on me please. We started on raw food (the prepackaged frozen rabbit meat hockey puck kind from our local natural petfood store) because we had a free coupon. And once I saw how healthy he looked and felt, and how he went from "the cat who could clear the house with his butt-bombs" to "the cat who you only know he's poo'ed because you're the one who scoops the litterbox," I was sold. It's a bit on the pricier side to keep it up, though I do like the...