or Connect

Posts by quantumleap

That would be wonderful, ian's momaya! Thanks. :)
This is shameful that, after working in the birth field in El Paso for 11 months, I have no idea about any of these resources! I blame the insanity of the birth clinic, but, really, there isn't much of an excuse. Anyway, help? I have an *awesome* client due 12/31/13 (any day now!) who would really benefit from a post partum doula. Seriously, I want to do it myself! Does anyone know of any doula groups, or any doulas at all who do post partum care? Extra bonus points if...
Carolina Reyes is wicked awesome. She's a graduate of the program I'm doing in El Paso (a MEAC accredited school and birth center, she would have more than 80 births under her belt from here alone), and definitely more than an "intern" ability-wise. Anyway, rah rah for Caro. I'd happily have her as my midwife. ;) 
Suuuper old thread, but there's also a LLL here. I'm trying to get my butt in gear to start a meeting at Maternidad La Luz. I live in a bubble of clinic and home and not much else, but I would agree that cloth diapers and breastfeeding are not the norm here. One of my classmates had a baby recently, and you'd think that midwives would be pretty crunchy, but she didn't use cloth. This is a weird city. It's awesome in so many ways, but so, so unlike anywhere I've ever...
No way! Fun! I'm not on, but I'm in to do an on-call appointment first thing in the morning, and then I'm working triage in the evening (gotta work off some of that tuition!). Bring scrubs, waaaaaay more food than you think you should eat, a book, and don't expect to sleep. ;)
You can come do an observational 24 hour shift! :) 
I think we're all too busy to be on here very much, but thought I'd start a 2013 thread just in case! I'm a Canadian currently studying in Texas, at MLL. It's been a bit insane, but I'm glad to be here (although, I can't imagine ever wanting to live here long-term! oh, the dust, the lack of green, the barren, and did I mention the dust?!). Thinking of sitting NARM in Feb, but it's not needed to practice in Canada, so I'm on the fence. There's time yet, to decide, I...
Fun! I finally got to Las Cruces for the market last Saturday, and it's such a lovely spot! We're thinking about getting milk from a drop point in Cruces, but that requires driving up there every week. Often, it would be my partner coming up with the kids (I have class on Mondays, when milk pick up is) on his own. We saw a museum and an art gallery that looked promising - would you say there is enough to do there on a Monday to make the drive worth it? My kids love music...
I'm sure you will see me around, Cuau! We start our 24 hour shifts on Thursday. Things have been hard and brutal and awesome too, somehow all balled in to one. I've been at school 6 days a week, for full days, and haven't had much time for exploring. Housing has been evil (AVOID Nick Haggerty's Century 21!!!!), but we've got a roof, and running water, so I guess we're not doing too badly. ;) I'd still love ballet class recos (something at a non competitive studio). And,...
I can ask my parents. I know when we stayed past the 90 days, we just went to the office, waited around for 10 minutes to hand over our passports and some money, and then came back a few days later and picked up our passports. It was painless, other than the 20 minute walk in the middle of the day with a 30lb toddler on my back (I am such a heat whimp). My parents and brother are residents, and have been for a long time, but I don't know when or how they transitioned to...