or Connect

Posts by quantumleap

Ariahsmum, isn't your son from Rwanda? Pretty cool that you're planning such a big leap! We're there and back again, and after nearly 8 years, my parents are off to Costa Rica in the next few months. It was really neat being there, and I got to work at an amazing midwifery/prenatal clinic in one of the "slums". I'm only peripherally involved with life there, but would be happy to pass on contacts or places you should go that I do know of.  I never did connect with...
I'll be sending off the last of my application tomorrow (eeee!), and have my fingers very much crossed that I'll get in to Maternidad La Luz's midwifery program. This is a very, very last minute thing (we recently lost the baby that would have had me, very happily, spending some more time at home with kiddos before embarking on this particular train of crazy), but it turns out there's still a space in the March 1 start program.  So, we'll potentially be arriving from...
Hey, sorry I misunderstood/assumed your feelings. Sorry you're feeling discouraged. Sounds like you've got it under control though, so all is well.    I feel the need to point out that the prognosis for surgery is NOT that it will last for one year at the best. Not even close. Yes, there is a failure rate, but it is NOT crazy high (it's higher for people who have had it multiple times, with other mitigating factors such as obesity, etc). Also, the average life span...
Well that's awesome! Congratulations!  We're in Canada, so I still have to look in to how that changes things. We've always joked about shipping the sperm, but never really thought it was feasible unless we wanted to get "official" and go through a bank, have it spun and frozen, never mind all the psychological assessments, yadda, yadda. Not an adventure we wanted to have!  Did you use more than one kit at a time? There seem to be kits with multiple vials, but not...
Has anyone ever done this? Thoughts? Experiences? a la: http://knowndonorregistry.com/component/content/article/228-how-to/shipping-sperm/122-shipping-sperm-how-to-prep-pack-and-ship-the-donation Our known donor is pretty far from us - requires a $$$ plane ride to get to him. They would ship to us, but I feel a little hesitant! This seems a little sketchy, and I'm sort of grossed out by the egg yolk additive and the antibiotics, BUT, it would be a fraction of the...
Ah, there you are with further information! ;) We don't need it for a newborn, but I had no idea you couldn't use it with a wee one, so thanks for that info! I was hoping it was going to be the solution to the OP's queery though.
We had a newborn in a radian (RXT) in a smallish station wagon without any trouble. Well, without any trouble aside from the fact that the passenger had to sit with knees nearly touching the dashboard! You can get an angle adjuster though (we need to do this!), which is some sort of magical thing that decreases the front to back measurement. We love these seats. Our dd was just recently turned to ff in hers, and only at her request (she's 4, and 30 lbs, so still has lots...
I have no idea! But, asking the same questions, and came to the same conclusions about AAMI a little while ago too. I need to just call them and see what they say. Subbing so I can see what others have to say. 
hatchling - you CAN have more babies, this will get better, and your opinions on surgery/pessaries may change... You are so close to developing your prolapse. A little time and distance, and it won't make you feel quite so frantic. It's crappy, beyond crappy, and I wish there was a magic fix. I wish there were more scientific, researched, peer-reviewed options (and, oh, if men's bladders were trying to fall out of their penises, you can guarantee there would be more...
I'm out. I can't believe I am typing this! The bleeding picked up, progressed to clots, and I checked myself to find myself dialated. Apparently there's no going back once you reach this point, so I'm just waiting for the baby to come. Heartbreaking, absolutely heartbreaking. I keep thinking about that little, living soul in there, getting pushed out and I just pray it doesn't hurt her. I think it was a her - this pregnancy was so like my daughter's, and so unlike my...