or Connect

Posts by quantumleap

Why doesn't she carry oxygen?! That's sort of nutty. It's a pretty basic thing. There are no legal midwives where I had my son, so the midwife who attended his birth didn't have access to things like O2. He's a ball of perfection, but I will always feel a certain level of guilt that he didn't have access to the O2 that would have made his transition to life so much better (shoulder dystocia, blue/grey baby, took him a good 30 minutes to pink up... all this with a...
My goodness. How do you all fit (what size bed do you have!?)?! I find I've been getting hot recently too, and hating the whole exercise of trying to extricate myself without waking people up so I can get to the bathroom 18 times a night. I'm a little fearful of what's going to happen when the SPD kicks in!  I figure there are two options:  You just deal and it becomes a new normal and it doesn't bother you anymore. OR You (and by you, I include me!) have to bite...
woops double post
It does get hot here in August, well, reasonably hot with killer humidity, but we don't have a/c, so outside is the best place to be. Particularly outside in the woods by the water. Win! Man, living in Canada limits your options for prenatal care in most provinces, but at least we don't have to stress about *paying* for it. Ugh. That bites.    So, a few days ago, I read about this yoga site (yogaglo.com). The reviewer said it was awesome, but it's just one review,...
I love Soren! We've considered it, but think it might be too similar to dd (Maren), and also fear the nickname "Sorry" or "Sore". I still love it though. Maybe it will go back into the running... What are the "Norman" names you like? Is your DH Scandinavian?
I'm definitely wearing maternity clothes. Pretty much everyday. Yep. So much more comfortable! We need to start a photo thread, so I can feel less alone in my looking 18 weeks pregnant-ness. Interesting that such a large proportion of mamas on here seem to be mutips.    So, after two Christmas babies, it recently occurred to me that I could birth this child OUTSIDE! Sort of excited, actually. We have several hundred acres of space, but I think I'd want to stick close...
My dd was born on her Dec 22 due date, and my son was born on Dec 19th, a few days ahead of his Dec 24th due date. They're still little, but it's totally been a non issue to have them close together so far. Close to Christmas, that's been an issue though! August will be soooo different. 
We actually did GAPS for 6 months last year. It didn't really make a difference in any of us, sadly. None of us had huge issues to be resolved, but I had still been hoping that it would help some of dd's "spirited" facets. No such luck! We eat as close to TF as we can afford to these day, but I do have an unfortunate fondness for chocolate. Milk chocolate. Ahem.  Currently, I feel pretty zen about it, but had a complete meltdown two nights ago. When I'm able to step...
More than one random stranger commented on my pregnancy today. I will be 6 weeks tomorrow. I am so screwed! I'm also a little embarrassed when they ask when I'm due, and I have to say, "Oh, not till early August!". Ahem. I think the diastasis is the biggest culprit. I did find another shirt that, as long as I don't touch the top of my belly, just makes me look fat. So, two outfits... 
It's exactly that! You can get them from other companies too though - try searching for the name plus your country or state...