or Connect

Posts by quantumleap

You can more than try. It's not prison! We requested an early discharge with our first kiddo, and while they sounded obliging, there were all sorts of delays, "We need to wait for Dr X to explain your aftercare", "We need to do the hearing screening", bla, bla, bla. We wanted to get home, but it wasn't the most important thing on the face of the Earth to us at the time, so it took us awhile to get frustrated. Finally, we just said, "We're leaving now.", got up, and left....
Fae spelled like that makes me think of a fairy - it's sweet.    We found our second boys middle name. Managed to tie in the sea component that our kids all have, plus the gaelic thing, and it's unusual, but not too out there (I don't think, anyway!). So, Eamon Daniel Murdoch LastName it is. We have never settled on a name so early! It's a little odd. I wonder if it's too early, like, so early that we still have eight months to change our minds and the kid will wind...
I'm in NS too. We're in a university town, but I actually haven't had too much trouble finding a few AP and/or more natural minded parents. There are, obviously, variations on the scale, but people ARE out there! I was just on here to see if there was a Maritimes subsection yet (nope), so thought I'd say hello. Have you checked out your local LLL? We also use Well.ca. I love that you can just get one thing and not feel like you should get 18 additional things in order to...
We thought it was a no-brainer to put our mattress on the floor too. And we're poor, so buying a bed frame for a king sized mattress seemed like something we might reasonably redirect to more important things, like food and electricity.  But, I had a HELLISH, SPD-filled pregnancy on that mattress on the floor. Like, crying in agony trying to get to my feet. Never again!  When we moved, we picked up the mattress and were horrified to find the bottom covered in mold....
Anytime after now! Most women seem to find the decrease happens in the second trimester though. Some women don't notice a decrease at all! Mine bottoms out pretty much as soon as I conceive. 
I know this is not an acceptable thing to say on here, and the safety monsters are going to come eat me in my sleep, but, I really, really don't think you need to worry about helmets. Really. Get a trailer with a 5pt harness (or do your chest clip thing - it doesn't need to hold up to car accident impact, it only needs to hold the kid in place in the extremely unlikely event that you flip the trailer or bonk into something), and a roll bar and call it good. We have a...
We nursed for 5 minutes on the couch, and then I laid down with the beast. We talked about it beforehand, and I didn't have to hold her to keep her from hurting me, so that was a plus. I rubbed her back for a long time, and then we both fell asleep. It probably took 45 minutes, but that's better then the hour+ it took the last few nights! She's not ready to wean - I can see the panic in her eyes when I talk about it, so we'll take it slow. Really, five minutes a day is...
I have no idea. I am not helpful in the least! I'm so sorry you don't feel it will go over well. I think the trick might be to go the whole, "I know you're really shocked, and maybe a bit upset, 'cause I sure was/am!" route. I guess it depends on how you expect him to react - is he just going to be upset/stressed in general, or is he likely to be less-than-thrilled in your specific direction? It's probably somewhat tempting to just not tell him for a good long while, but...
Congratulations! I totally understand the hesitation in getting too excited too. But, after a few years, I have decided that even if it ends in miscarriage, *I* believe in getting excited, and in sharing that excitement with others. We had a m/c early on (in 2005), and then it took three years to get pregnant with dd. Now that we know what works, we've had decent luck (this is our 3rd pregnancy in 4 attempted cycles - I am so beyond lucky, really !), but I still feel...
Celiacs, hunh? That bites. I always think it's totally crazy when I hear of people who are diagnosed well into adulthood. Do you think you had been living with it all along, or did the pregnancy somehow exacerbate it? Things on that end are slightly improved for me today. My ds is having issues today though, so now I'm wondering if it's some sort of bug instead of a pregnancy thing. Puzzles.