or Connect

Posts by simple life

hi, I am Julie, I am due mid November. It's been awhile since I was on mdc! This is our third. I look forward to getting to know you all
We are in the middle of a move and my mom offered to wash diapers, I forgot that she always uses fabric softener, and didn't think of it until we unpacked the diapers, and they have it on them.  Please tell me I can get it off, and how.  I have used hot water and a lot of soap, but they still have the feel of fabric softener.  Does it take a few times? can they be saved?   thank you!  
We have made our house very child proof/kid friendly.  The two remaining stools are all that we have left to sit and eat on, there is no place to put them during the non-eating times (very, very small space).  I don't generally care if he uses a stool to get himself something, but if I have told him 'no, not right now' then I want him to NOT do it.  Treats are very special here, we live on a very limited budget, I grocery shop once a month and then pick up a few things...
Thank you all for your replies, lots to think about.  I think I need to make a list of rules and have them out somewhere so we can see them and follow them to a tee.  I think there is something like that in Easy to Love, Difficult to Discipline.    Also, Paul doesn't have a room, we have one bedroom that we all share, my hubby sleeps during the day, so I don't have a place to send him.  Soon we hope to add on so that there is another room/s but it's just not right...
Paul is 4.  We just don't know how to deal with him, totally lack the tools.  I know that we are at fault for many our current issues with discipline because of lack of consistancy and, well laziness, but we don't know where to even begin.  I am truly at the point of thinking spanking would work, even though I know in the long run it doesn't.  You get 'good' behavior because the kid scared, not because they WANT to do 'good'.    Right now it seems as though he runs...
It bothers my dh too!  I think he's worried about the kids since they play out there, we also just went to the 'shoes stay outside' rule.  It doesn't bother me, but he's worried about the kids getting sick. 
We have started letting out chickens wander, they are much happier!  But, we have chicken poop everywhere!  Just wondering how other deal with that, as I know a lot of people let their chickens out in the yard, do you just take your shoes off when you come in?  Or is it really not as big a deal as some make it out to be?  
Thank you both so much!  I know he is one to keep what he knows to himself for awhile. One day he just started counting and he got to seven, I was shocked.  I so wanted to ask him, just out of pure amazement that he figured it out all by himself, but after when happened with 1, 2, 3, when he was about 2, I decided I'd just listen to him share, didn't want another hiatus on numbers!   I am putting that book on my Amazon list, it looks like something that he would just...
Paul will be 4 in March, and has started expressing an interest in reading, or rather, learning to read (he is getting frusterated because he can't read his stories says 'but I can't read' in a very sad voice.  I just don't know where to start!  He does not like being 'taught' or put on the spot.  He knows some letters, but not all of them, or at least not that he has shared, and he will totally shy away if you ask him.  I did that once and he didn't say or count to...
I was wondering how we were doing this.  Do we read a chapter and then discuss, or just read and post questions/thoughts?