or Connect

Posts by simple life

I have a climber, a crazy, bold climber. I don't know how you have handled her climbing up until now. For us what helped with the heart attack feeling, was that from very, very early on we just let him do his thing. If he was going to climb on something we made sure that it was safe, like not going to tip and that he had a way down, even if it was building a little step. We have never been able to find a way to make him NOT climb. We just took the approach of letting...
Another bun vote here. My hair has been in a bun since about May of 2007. I actually only take it down when I shower. My son doesn't like my hair down and if I take it down, asks for me to put it up, that is if he isn't playing with it, which is mostly pulling/grabbing/yanking!
I think I'd like to try to join you ladies. We are definitely low income! I am a sahm to Paul with our second coming any day. Hubby is a 911 dispatcher, which you'd think paid well, but it doesn't! I don't know what all you'd like to know. Looking forward to getting to know those of you who take part in this thread. Julie
Still here, though I haven't been active on this DDC. We didn't have internet for most of it, just got it back. I was due on the 26th or 27th though, so not that far past yet. My son was over 2 weeks past the 'due' date, so not thinking this one will come before Halloween! I actually came here today to see if there was anyone left. Julie
Quote: Originally Posted by mysticmomma Is he getting hurt? My kids are great climbers, and as long as they aren't hurting themselves regularly and seriously or hurting our belongings, I just let them climb. Thank you everyone! He isn't getting hurt at all, Paul is a very good climber and really seems to know his limits. Usually has a purpose, like getting a spoon from the thing that holds the cooking utensils. The only thing he does is...
We have Paul who's about 2 and a half, and he is a climber, he can actually use his toes to climb the side of the cabinets and get on the counter! We are having a hard time getting it across to him that he can't go up there, and besides greasing all the cabinet doors we are totally at a loss as to what to do. We can't block off the kitchen because the living and kitchen/dinning are all one big room. I would like some positive ways to deal with this as I can at the end...
Feel VERY, VERY strapped for cash. My hubby makes about $23000, we get $700 every two weeks. Family size of 3, plus a ton of cats and two dogs. Here's our budget with explanations if needed. 350 - lot rent and trailer payment 40 - water bill 31 - phone - Vonage, which is WONDERFUL 55 - cable, only internet, but need it for the phone. It is something I really want to get rid of, but will NOT live without a phone again. 75 - storage unit. We had a house with a full...
Leta, Wow is all I can say. Please forgive the frankness, but I want to be you for a day. I wish my hubby and I could get it together enough to do what you do. It is our dream. I am trying very hard to not be jealous! Julie Quote: Originally Posted by Leta $350. I stay under that much of the time, as well. That includes things like shampoo and pet food, as well as durable household goods- the pet comb and lingerie bags I bought the last...
two adults one toddler. We have $230 in food stamps and spend an additional roughly $100 a month on food. We live in middle Missouri, and I think it's relatively cheap for food, though the prices have gone WAY up (for us anyway). Julie
Paul is 25 months old and just recently started nursing less at night. I think it's because of the pregnancy, he just doesn't nurse as much. Now he nurses to sleep and then for most of the last two hours he's asleep, in the morning. He hasnt' been waking in the middle of the night, though sometimes he does fuss a bit, but he doesn't wake himself up. Julie