or Connect

Posts by momfirst

OK, I have no idea if this is*legal* but I've never gotten into trouble with it. I took my husbands name when we married. That is now my legal name. When we divorced I didn't legally change my name back to my maiden name, but it's the name I went by. All my legal papers are with my legal name (mortgage, taxes, etc), I have a couple of credit cards in my maiden name (but I also listed my legal name with the company as well...I think it asked on the application). Most...
During my divorce hearings, I could have changed mine and my dd's names...my dd's with the permission of her dad...which he wouldn't consent to. So, I kept my married name. Now that my dd is 18, she asked if she could change her name to my maiden name...
Quote: Originally Posted by mamarhu Can you talk with teachers about the situation? Perhaps a plan could be made for what your DD should do if there are problems at school. A particular teacher or room to go to if she needs support? I admire you for the way you are supporting your DD without being controlling, and her for handling it well, and asking for help when she needs it. I plan on calling the school tomorrow and making them aware of...
Oh my goodness! What a weekend this has been!!! My dd (18 with special needs) has been having issues with her boyfriend. In other posts I told how his mom gets involved in all their fights, he's controling and has anger issues... Earlier this week, bf saw my dd talking to an old boyfriend...BF gets upset and calls my dd a slut. He sends a dozen roses and a cute teddy bear...my dd says she's not forgiving him but doesn't want to break up with him. I just told her that...
Well, all of my analyzing was for nothing. Friday night my friend was called into work and by the time he got off there was a lot of teen aged drama going on at my house and I was afraid to leave my dd alone (she broke up with her boyfriend...who has anger issues...I'll post more on this in the teens area). So I stayed home. The guy and I talked on the phone for a few hours over the weekend, and I'm feeling better about everything. Not sure what I'll do, but I really...
OK, I'm one to analyze the crap out of things...all day I've been going back and forth. So, to those who admitted to just going for the sex...did you regret it when it ended? There's a big part of me that's not sure I could be OK with a casual sort of thing...but another part of me (that's been a stranger till now) is thinking...go for it! I was actually thinking of asking if he'd be interested in a friends with benefits sort of thing...no strings, just fun once in a while.
My dd had major issues with her teeth. She had a space matainer since she was about 6...there's so much crowding in her mouth that there was no room for teeth. She had to have a couple of teeth pulled before getting her braces on (this was done by her dentist...which is covered under insurance...the ortho isn't). She had her braces on for almost 2 years. Within weeks you could start to see a difference! Her braces cost me $4650 ($1000 down and $175/mo). Her care was...
Wow...I can actually post on here now! I have a couple of questions... I met a guy and we've gone out a few times (3). He's nice and I think I'd like to get to know him better. Here are my 2 concerns... 1)I have an 18 year old dd. He has not asked one question about her. I do talk about her and he seems to have listened to what I said. But it kinda bothers me that he's never asked anything about her. I would be weirded out too if he asked too much about her. It's always...
At first my X used to pay me directly...when he had the money. Then he started paying nothing at all. So after about 7 years of getting nothing, I contacted the county and showed proof that he hadn't been paying and they started automatic withholdings (garnishing his wages). Since then I get direct deposit on a regular basis. He quits his job from time to time and it may take a while to *find* him again when he starts a new job, but I do get it. However, I got used to...
I had sole legal and physical custody of our dd. (I say 'had' because she is now 18...I now have legal guardianship of her). X always had 'reasonable' visitation...which meant whenever he wanted...which for the last few years meant never!