or Connect

Posts by momfirst

Has anyone heard of the special needs trust? Anyone set one up who can offer some advice? I have spoken to an attorney and gotten some info...it just seems overwhelming at times! My dd just turned 18, so I went to court last week to gain guardianship of her, applied for SSI, now looking into the special needs trust. By the way, if you haven't heard about the special needs trust, I highly recommend looking into it! There is so much that I never thought of!
I've been divorced for forever (14 years). Our dd just turned 18, because of her special needs, she will be continuing to a transition school. Because she's still be enrolled in school full time and she doesn't graduate (although she is allowed to walk with her class) he is required to continue paying support. He is very angry about this! Which I do understand! C/S is a big financial expense! My ex has only seen dd twice in the last year, 5 times total in the last 3...
The guidline is 4'9 and 90 pounds. This is only a guideline. The safest place for kids (everyone) is the backseat...although hard to drive from back there! Whats most important when riding in the front seat is to be properly seatbelted and as far back from the airbag as possible. Like I said, it is only a reccommendation, check with your local police dept. about actual laws in your area concerning this.
I was pretty much a slut! Wow, how easy that is to say in the anonyminity of cyberspace!!! I do regret it now. Part of why I was promiscuous was due to my home life...drunk, abusive mom....emotionally distant dad. Also, there were so many rumors floating around about me, I thought why not!? They all think I do anyway! I was tall (5'9"), skinny (118 lbs), long blonde hair and huge boobs (DD). There were always rumors going around about how I had sex with certain teachers...
I couldn't date till I was 16...so I snuck around. I also had a horrible home life. My dd and I are much more close and open with each other than I was with my mom. I didn't care that my dd had a 'boyfriend' at a young age because all it really meant was that they ate lunch together and walked to class together. My ex had a fit, but understood when I said that if I 'forbid' having a boyfriend then she was more likely to go behind my back. I didn't let her date 1/1 till she...
I know how you feel! I remember when my daughter was about 5 and I was crying because I only had 13 years left!! Well, that daughter (my only child...and I'm a single mom) is now 18. The beginning of this school year (her senior year) was so hard on me. As she left for her first day of school I cried...this is her last first day of school, this will be her last homecoming game/dance, last Sadie Hawkins, last prom. I was sooooo incredibly sad. Throughout this year things...
I'm new here...this is my first post! I don't know about where you are, but in my case, I wanted to change my daughter (and my) last name back to my maiden name when I divorced. I couldn't do it unless my ex signed papers agreeing to do so. I don't see why it would be different for you. Best of luck to you!