or Connect

Posts by momfirst

My dd just wanted me to listen in because the bf's mom had been calling her and she (dd) thought it was odd that the mom would call her and butt in. DD loves hearing how the mom thinks she's a 'gem' and how 'wonerful' she is for her son. My dd is great and wonderful...but because of who she is, not because she's 'good' for her son. DD might be good for her son, but that doesn't mean that her son is good for DD. DD 'loves' the boy and so far there haven't really been any...
I gave gifts up through middle school. In high school it was against school policy to give teachers gifts as it could be interptred as a bribe : . Luckily, I didn't love those teachers so I didn't mind not giving the gifts. I would send special teachers a card of thanks (or my dd would write out a card). I would occasionally send some cookies for the special ed department. I also helped out at the teacher appreciation banquet each year.
I can relate to where you are coming from...but I'd let it go! My dd is beautiful and has lovely hair. She cut it all off this fall. I figure it will grow. Funny thing now, she lets her hair just hang, her bangs are in her eyes, and I learned to love it!!! A teacher at her school suggested she cut her bangs (to show off her beautiful eyes) and offered to cut it for her!!! Pissed me off! My dd is beautiful with long hair, short hair or bald. Her hair isn't who she...
DD always gets something for her dad. It does bother me a bit that she picks out something rather spendy for him (I pay for it) and I usually get something from the dollar store. Not that I care about the gift. Although this year she is giving him a beer stein that she won at a carnival. We also generally give him a framed picture of her (since he never visits her, I though he might want to see how cute she is!) Funny thing is this year he called me and asked for a picture...
I dated someone right away. X cheated on me and I think I just wanted to know that I could get someone too! We dated a while, but I knew it wasn't right...I still had feelings for my X. : I went out with guys off and on for a year or two and have happily been on my own ever since! About the rebound thing...I would guess it's an individual thing...but statisticly, probably not a good idea. I was engaged within a few months of separating from my X, I broke it off a few...
I just asked a few of my dd's friends what they would like and every one of them said a gas card!
My (18 SN) daughter asked me the other day what a prositute was. I explained and asked why she was asking. She said her bf's dad had prositute cancer! I laughed and said "I think you mean Prostate cancer"...she says "same thing"!!! Sorry for the guy, but I'm still laughing!
I do think this family is kinda goofy...unlike my totally *normal* family! : I don't think the bf is asking his mom to referee, I think she just doesn't have a life. The boys dad is ill and his mom has told him that she will kill herself if he dies...nice! The bf has had issues with anger in the past. I've talked to him about it and let him know that I have reason for concern with my daughter. I've also told him that I will not hesitate to do what I need to if he ever so...
About your child having a 'label'...if it means that they can get the help and services needed, then go ahead and have a label. I've heard a lot of parents not wanting their child to have a label...in truth, many teachers and professionals don't even look at the records to know what the dx is. My dd is all the way through high school now and each year I had to talk to the teachers about her dx...because they rarely looked...and she was in special ed! Also, about meds....
Dd is 18, her bf is also 18 (almost 19). They've been going out about 2-3 months. The bf's mom calls DD every time the two of them have a disagreement! Last night she went on (DD had her on speaker phone) about how wonderful DD is and what a gem her son has found. The mom was very upset that they had another fight and wanted to be sure that everything would be OK. They tend to fight about the bf thinking my dd spends too much time with her friends (which his mom agrees...