or Connect

Posts by momfirst

I think once the state gets the money it is automatically deposited into my account withing a day or two (although it may take a couple more days to be cleared). Are you getting public assistance? I thought that here if you recieved assistance (AFDC) then you only get a $50 pass through and the state keeps the rest of the money.
They all went to the club tonight and had a great time! No problems at all!! I went over the rules with all of them beforehand. I wasn't sure about this, but it went well....although, she has a headache from the loud music and the smoke.
How old were you when you moved out of your parents home? (I'm not talking about going away to college, but really moving out...where you no longer consider your parents house your *home*). Also when you moved out, did you move in with a friend or were you on your own? Lastly, those of you who went from living with your parents to living with your boyfriend or husband (without ever living on your own)...do you regret not having that time on your own first? Oops, one...
What do y'all think of letting 18 year olds go 'clubbing'? Keep in mind that the girls I am thinking of all have special needs (most are mild to moderate mentally impared, one has Aspergers) and none drive. If they do go, what are some of the dangers they need to be aware of?
Quote: Originally Posted by MsChatsAlot I would make sure you follow up on it by having her write her feelings down on paper or calling him to talk about it (with you there for support). It would be good for him to hear if from her how she feels about things like this. I've had her do this in the past. She's called and he says he's too busy to talk (now he just nevers answers the phone...he screens all calls through the answering machine, and...
X called dd on Thanksgiving (which really was a surprise). After DD talked to him she was quiet for a while and I asked what was up. She said that her dad's other dd was there and asked why he invites her and not dd to holidays with his family. I said she would need to ask him. Then I asked if she would want to go to her dad's for Christmas and she said no, but she wants to be invited. Why does he do this stuff? Why call when the other dd is there and rub our dd's face...
deleria, my sister and I used to be pretty close, but we have always had a different kind of relationship. She's 13 years older than me and has always been more of a mother figure. In fact, I have no memories of my mom until my sister moved away from home. She has always been one who is able to say whatever she feels, if I try and say how I feel, she shuts me out. alison, it's only my sister who has made this comment. I'm not about to have me or my dd miss Christmas...
That's great! I'm so happy for you and your dd!!!
My dd is 18, and has SN's. I am the first to understand that she can be annoying at times...she's also kind, generous and funny as all get out! My sister recently asked if I would want to go on a cruise with her and her hubby and some friends. I said I would love to. She suggested I find a friend to come too...and stressed that it shouldn't be my dd. I wasn't thinking of bringing my dd, but it bothered me that she said I "shouldn't" consider bringing her along. Then...
I think one thing to consider about CS is the future. When I was first divorced I didn't think I needed CS. I was fine financially...to begin with...then some issues came up...life happens, it doesn't all go according to plans! There were times when CS was really needed. Luckily I got back on my feet and CS (when paid) went into a savings account. I guess I'm saying, you don't know what the future holds, and your child may NEED that CS at some point.