or Connect

Posts by momfirst

My brother gave his wife the ring that he had given to his first fiance. He was too cheap to buy another ring. I always wondered if his wife knew it originally belonged to someone else. They've been married 20+ years so it doesn't matter.
My dd got her first period when she was 15...then it never came again. Ended up that she had a hormone imbalance (very high testosterone level). We also found that she has PSOD. She started some meds to get her hormones regulated and now gets her periods regularly. We eat a mostly organic diet and she's a bit heavy. On the other hand, I was about 11 or 12...and extremely skinny (5'10"...115 pounds) when I first got my period.
Quote: Originally Posted by MissSavannahsMommy I guess it depends, do you have a good relationship with your ex ils? Is it possible to tell your DD that you'd be more than willing to pay for half of a present for them but she needs to come up with the other half, or something to that effect? I dont' see why you'd "need" to get them anything. I just think it's a friendly gesture if you continue to give them a small present. I have no...
Next time, don't make an appointment to observe your child, just show up! I'm sure that your dc's teachers knew you would be observing and that's how they acted???!!!: Do what you need to do for your child! Talking to a parent advocacy agency helps. Also, when my dd was young and I felt the school was jerking me around, I called the Dept of Education! I spoke to them and one call from them was all it took to get the school doing what they should have been! Yes, I was...
I personally claim my dd on my taxes. That's how it was written into our divorce. I also pay for more than 1/2 of all our dd's expences. I think here, it is common for whoever more fully financially supports the children to be able to claim them on taxes. I know many, many families who trade off claiming the children on taxes. Most of my friends do it every other year. I don't think it would be out of line to ask BM to allow your DH to claim their dd every 4 years....
Do any of you still send gifts to your ex in laws? For Christmas I always sent a small gift to them from my dd. In recent years it was just a gift card to their local grocery store or an updated picture of dd. Now that dd is 18, I want to stop sending them gifts. DD can get them something if she wants. Just wondering how many of you get gifts for your ex in laws from your DC.
When you give gifts and you have a "suggested amount" that the gift should be...and you find a gift that has a great discount...do you go by the actual amount you spent OR do you go by the original amount of the discounted gift? Money is an issue. So, if your limit is $30 for a gift and you find a great gift at a great price (say originally $50 marked down to $20) would you only get the gift for $20? Or would you add to that gift bringing the amount you spent to...
I joined a separated and divorced group. I met a bunch of great friends (women and men). We were all going through the same thing and they understood what I was feeling (when my family and other friends didn't) We had group discusions and adult activities and then we would also get together with our kids and do free/cheap activities (picnics, swimming, game night). I've been divorced for close to forever now and a few of the people that I met in that group are still...
Good for you! Merry Christmas!!
My ex rarely sees our dd (about 3-4 times a year...even though he drives within a block of our house daily on his way to/from work). He always wants dd for Christmas Eve. The witchy side of me says "no"...if he saw her more often I would be fine with it, but I'm against him ignoring her all year and then wanting her on a holiday (basically just to show what a great dad he is in front of his family). Plus, while he asks for her on Christmas Eve, he was ME to give up my...