or Connect

Posts by Magic Denise

Known Donor, to be or not to be. “We have a question to ask you. We just want you to know you can feel free to say no, and we will not be hurt and it will not change our relationship or our love for you. “ “OK” “Well as you know, we have been thinking about having children. We have thought about this a lot.” “Great.” “We were wondering if you would be interested in being our donor. Not a parent, but a known donor?” “Yes, Definitely.” “WHAT DID HE JUST...
My partner and I thought a lot about this before our child spoke. We kind of both wanted to be Mumma. Well the child is now 19 months old and all on his own - without ever hearing the words started to call my partner Dad. And he calls me D - like DEE - but I am never called DEE by anyone. No one around us is even addressed as Dad so all on his own that is what he is calling us. So you may plan all you want and in the end, he might decide on his own.
This is from the parenting column I write for Queer Life News: The how-to aspect of the Science Project will return next month. I want to share an amazing experience this gay family had the pleasure of participating in. Question - Where can you find: • 2000 beautiful, grounded, loving, LGBTQ people, their allies, and their families; • delightful, polite, wanted, children of all ages and races; • unlimited amazing food like shrimp cocktail, homemade pastry, and...
Hi - We went and you all were right. It was the greatest gay event, the greatest vacation ever. I hope every LGBT family goes. They are so much fun. You get so much for your money. The trip is fantastic. I can't tell you how much we loved it. This summer they go to Canada. Next Summer Alaska. I would go on an inland lake with these folks - it is that much fun. I just can't tell you how amazing of a trip it is.
There are two moms in my LLL group that adopted twins and both moms nurse the twins. They had thought that two moms nursing one baby would be all the milk they needed but at the last minute they got twins instead so they had to supplement. The good thing is that those kids ended up having some enzime problem. If they were not nursed they might have died because they didn't absorb nutrients from food. So they were very lucky to be adopted by lesbians willing to nurse. In...
Hi - they come every other week. I like to go out to dinner the night they come so that it is clean for one night. My house is still messy. I sometimes am really overwhelmed by the undoing of the child. He can empty so many boxes and throw so many toys. We were spending all our weekends trying to clean. So that is why I got the cleaning people. i decided I wanted them more than the money. So at least every other week it is actually clean. Then I try to keep up with it the...
Hi - We are good friends with our known donor but on paper things are simple and wildly clear. We paid him for his sperm. He signed the papers John Doe. We have a separate secret doc that says he is JOhn Doe. He has no rights for any parental rights including bedtime, visitation, gifts etc. NOTHING. We have NO rights to ask him for support. He has NO rights if we die to the child. Nothing. Now in reality he sees our son once a week at our house. We are friends an talk...
Hi Folks - Any other parents here been on a Rosie Cruise? We are going on the March RFamily Vacation Mexican Cruise and are so excited we can hardly stand it. Our son is 14 months and just starting to walk. Our known donor daddy is going on the cruise too in his own cabin. Did you bring toys on a cruise? Experiences? Stories? Smiles,
I just found out I am GBS+ I am reading everything about GBS. In the hospital they give you antibiotics. I am now using a peri-bottle with baking soda, tea tree oil and water. I am going to do a yeast infection homeopathic remedy and then if I still haven't had baby do yeast. Then during labor they are going to use hibaclens wash on me. Anyone else?
As the uterus is involved in the whole female organism, I have noticed that since about 34 weeks it is more difficult to bring on an orgasm because often the contractions start before I have climaxed. I was thinking that I wouldn't be 'getting any' for a long time but my partner and I found a whole new way and I was able to come but then I had lots of contractions afterward. Now I found out I am GB+ and I am contemplating how that will change any additional sex.