or Connect

Posts by karina5

I know a ton of families that have 3 kids. It sounds to me that the mailman was just making small talk.
I work at home and am on the computer all day. I want a pretty space to work and keep all our home paperwork and files and such. No crafting, but it would also be great to have a little space for my son so that he can play in there while I work.
Anyone got any tips for me, or pictures to show me? Is there a magazine or website that specializes in this? This is all new to me, and my home office is a disaster (ugly old desk, a bunch of bookcases, etc) so any tips would be appreciated!
Quote: Originally Posted by the_lissa I parent all my kids the same way, and they all have various temperaments and levels of "good" behaviour. So no I don't think it is just your parenting. Oh nd I know just as many "good" day care babies as sahm babies. Not a factor at all. My child has always been happy and he goes to daycare. And all babies are fed and changed yet they certainly have varying temperments. It's nice that...
I'll be honest - it seems you are overreacting and also it's insulting to say that used things are good enough for other people but not for you. This is a board where we work on being natural, and that also means not wasteful (like PP said - reduce, reuse and recycle...). Most toys can be cleaned either in the washing machine or with some type of cleaner. Also, it is a lot harder to find decent used things for teenagers than it is for little kids. A 2 year old...
I never used the phrase "throw him out," but when it comes to someone owning the home, then the larger burden of respect is due to that person. Also, as has been pointed out, the burden of respect should be on a person to NOT hurt the health and home of others. Especially when the solution is really quite easy, and that is to go outdoors.
I feel that anyone who is suggesting such things as special ashtrays and laptop computers and the like are ignoring the larger (and more important) issue that this son is being very disrespectful regarding this issue. It's kinda frustrating...what is that saying..."can't see the forest for the trees"??? The one that means that you can get hung up on the details, but you need to see the bigger issue. Anyway...the respect/passive-aggressive thing is much more...
Reading the OP made me really sad, b/c there is a blatant disprespect going on. Getting a special ashtray or air filter is not really the issue here. The issue is that the OP has tried many ways to say she REALLY does not want smoking in the house and her son just doesn't care. He is an adult, and I have to wonder about a kid who is that blatantly disrespectful of other adults, especially ones he especially loves. I would absolutely be VERY upset if my DP or...
You could get another hour of sleep or so if you slept until 6:30/7 when the children wake. Why are you getting up at 5:15? Surely your husband can get himself to work, at least for now, seeing as how you're exhausted. If that is a good time for the two of you to spend time together then maybe you could go back to it, but for now it seems you would be better off getting that extra rest, don't you think?
Quote: Originally Posted by RunnerDuck Are you sure it was disdain? It could have been envy. Because I'm the kind of person that stares at sleeping babies in buckets in resturaunts and thinks, Why did they get one of those babies? My son was not one of those babies... he didn't do the "sleep in a bucket in a resturaunt" thing. He did the "scream until someone holds me" thing. There were meals I would eat standing up with him in a baby bjorn...