or Connect

Posts by karina5

Quote: Originally Posted by Eclipsepearl Man, I could never bring myself to wake a sleeping infant to put them in a sling, then wake them up and put them back in a car seat. Especially not for super quick trips into the store when DS would just sleep through the whole thing. Who says you have to wake them??? One of the big advantages of the sling is that you can transfer the baby between the sling and the car seat without waking them. Both my girls...
Many people both babywear AND find that a stroller/carseat is helpful. What's with the either/or? (I'm not asking anyone in particular, it's something I see a lot here, though). Sometimes babywearing is great and works out well. Other times a stroller or carseat works great. Our first meal out at a restaurant when DS was a tiny babe he slept in his carseat at our table the whole time. It was really sweet and nice for us to enjoy a meal together. It would...
I'm really confused by your post and what you are looking for. Everyone has acknowledged that they can be abused but used like they should be is just fine. ???????????????
I've never seen such a thing. OUt of curiosity, what would this be for? I mean, you either want to have one or you don't. Mine came in quite handy so I'm having a hard time thinking where you would get a list of disadvantages.
Quote: Originally Posted by ammiga There must be some major loopholes in this. One of our best friends is a cardiologist in a specialized field within cardiology (can't remember what). He was here after the beginning of the year, and he had 2 guys with him that we kept jokingly calling his "entourage". A manufacturer of some heart thing sent them with him to a convention he was attending in our hometown. They bought him every meal, every drink, and a limo...
Here is a good article from the New York Times about how doctors don't profit from vaccines. http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/24/bu...24vaccine.html
Quote: Originally Posted by WildKingdom OK- speaking as a doctor.... 1. We do not get kickbacks from pharma companies for prescribing, or giving vaccinations. It is illegal. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. 2. I lose money on vaccinations. The cost of buying, storing, and administering is more than what I make giving them. 3. If you think pediatrics is a lucrative field, you're sadly mistaken. It is the lowest-paying medical...
*oops, messed up quote. Trying again
I forgot that I was subscribed to this thread and happened to come upon Calm's post. And yes, Calm, you are absolutely right. As a parent that is trying to be more CL, there are DEFINITELY situations hwere there is just NOT a CL option. That sort of drives me crazy, too. I think it's the use of the word "always." Saying "always" and "never" usually isn't very productive (and you said as much a few posts ago...). Anyway, I just wanted you to know that you are not...
Seeing how homeschooling can be challenging (like many things in life), I don't see why someone who doesn't know about it might be concerned about their level of patience and whether they would be good at it. I tell you - I used to be very anti- homeschooling. The only people I knew who homeschooled are 2 of my cousins, and frankly, one of them should (IMHO) be rethinking it for multiple reasons. But I've met a bunch of homeschooling people in the last few years....