or Connect

Posts by karina5

Quote: Originally Posted by zeldamomma This isn't a "mommy wars" thing, it's about conversation skills. Well I wholeheartedly agree with you there! A lot of people are lacking in conversation skills! People of all types. I'm just saying that if/when I've heard people say that comment I don't read into it to be a bad thing, but try to give the benefit of the doubt and take it as an opportunity to be positive about homeschooling. ...
Quote: Originally Posted by zeldamomma I would argue that since it makes the other person uncomfortable, it's not actually polite. ZM It's self deprecating more than anything. Knocking on themselves for not having patience, not knocking on the homeschooler. Kind of like, "Oh, I could never ride that roller coaster, I would get way too dizzy!" I don't know why people find it so insulting. Sometimes I think people (and not saying...
Interesting thread. We are very up in the air on how DS will be educated. I am STILL considering public school, private school, and homeschooling. All have their pros and cons of course, which is why I'm so confused. I am really intrigued by the idea of homeschooling. And I do have a concern that I'm not patient enough. But I think even more than my concern about not being patient enough, I worry that I'm not creative enough. I'm not the type of parent to make...
I will give allowance as a tool to teach about managing/budgeting money. I will not tie it into typical, everyday chores.
Quote: Originally Posted by mightymoo Just my personal opinion, this is why I'm not sure its a good idea - because I believe kids should be helping out around the house, that's part of their responsibility as members of the family. I don't see it as optional. By linking it to allowance, you make it optional. When you tie chores to allowance, you run the risk that the child may not care enough about the money to do the chores. You are assuming getting...
I'm guessing they were just not used to seeing people carry a little toilet onto a plane. I've never seen it, either. I wouldn't have an issue with it, however. It just seems like it was out of the "norm" for them. I would just brush it off.
I guess you have to think of your priorities. If it is important to you to not change things in your house in order to sell it, well then you have to deal with the fact that you might not sell it as fast as you could at a higher price. If your priority is to sell your house ASAP and maximum your dollars, then you will play the game. This has not one thing to do w/ walforf or being mainstream. As several people have said, it is normal for potential buyers to want...
To be honest, meemee, it sounds like you are projecting your personal desires on your child and not allowing her to be her own person. (Which I think most parents do, so I do not say that with judgement - I've been guilty of it myself). But maybe if you could realize you are doing that then it will help you to be happy about the person that *she* wants to be, ya know.
Quote: Originally Posted by Theoretica Eeeeeenteresting! I just read through that TCS website and one of the phrases is this: "TCS is everyone getting what they want" "TCS is no one deferring to or giving in to anyone." How does 'everyone get what they want' when 'no one defers or gives in to anyone'????? The logic doesn't even work there! Yeah. That doesn't make any sense at all. Someone want to explain?? I'm genuniely...
The fall (autumn) is 6 months away (give or take). It seems really odd to be worked up about a nursing issue that may not even be an issue at that point. Oh well. Your decision.