or Connect

Posts by ZoshaMosha

You have gotten some amazing replies.  I don't have much wisdom on this topic, except to add that I am dealing with an almost opposite problem with my 5 year old boy in that he is seriously disdainful of anything girly or feminine to the point of being practically misogynistic.  He only plays with boys.  He is only into "boy stuff" (according to him).  He loves his older sister, but almost resents her interest in typical girl stuff like dolls, My Little Pony, etc.  I...
Thanks Gillibean and Michelle.   I did wet the bed until age 10 ish, maybe a bit older.  I don't remember.  I remember my mom was at her wit's end about it and had me all kinds of invasive tests at the doctor.  I even had to see a psychiatrist who tried to convince me that my bedwetting was a way of "getting back at my mother."  It was all so traumatizing!   I've thought about getting bedwetting alarms, but my kids will sleep through anything!  One night, a whole...
Hello there!  I have two great kids DD is 8.5 and DS is turning 6 next week.  They are both typically developing kids, doing very well at school and they have normal and happy, well adjusted social lives.  They both wet the bed every night.  They are both still in pull-ups.  I've been basically ignoring it.  I've heard that lots of kids simply need to wear pull-ups until they reach a certain age and then they won't need them anymore.  I, myself, was one of these kids.  No...
Hey there!  I'm just a mom, like you.  I have no mental health qualifications whatsoever, but I've been around enough to see a few things.  I'm saying this gently, but please feel free to disregard anything I'm saying here.  I am just an internet person who is reading your post, but I really feel for your situation and I care that you get better and become able to enjoy your daughter.     So... I'm questioning your diagnosis.  You say you have been diagnosed with bipolar...
Hi everyone. I just have a quick question.   I've been a SAHM for 7 years.  I've done a little professional work here and there.  Mostly, I've volunteered at my kids' schools.   I'm applying for a Master's in Education/Teaching Credential.  Is it ok to ask my child's teacher in whose class I volunteer to write me a letter of rec?  I'm so nervous about this and hate asking people to do stuff like this.  Is that crossing a line or is that ok?   Thanks!
Any cat experts out there?   Our five year old cat moved out.  It all started in June.  We went out of town for 3 weeks and had a housesitter take care of our cat for part of the time and a cat-feeder come part of the time.  We've done this before... no biggie.    This time, however, a starving abandoned neighborhood kitty broke in and had been eating all of our cat's food!  So our cat started eating elsewhere.   When we returned,  my kids BEGGED to keep the...
I recently went camping with a friend and her kids and it made me think how you really get to know someone on such a trip.  Taking a whole bunch of kids on a trip and having to prepare meals over a campfire really lets you see how you might interact with someone in real life.  I thought about your post and about how going on a camping trip (or just a trip) could make a really good audition for a housemate.   My friend and I learned that we could be really compatible...
I have never done a houseshare, though I'm thinking about it too.  But my mother and I shared with other single mothers when I was a kid.  Those arrangements never worked out well, though that could be blamed on my mother's personality.  I remember all of those housemates leaving in a frantic huff while my mother screamed at them in the driveway as they crammed boxes into their cars.  Not good.   My mother is a nice person and seems like a nice person at first, but...
I have an intense fear of flying.  I used to take Xanax before a flight, but I could never get the timing right.  The drug would kick in heavily after I got OFF the plane and I'd be a drugged out wreck for the rest of the day.  But I discovered recently that plain old whiskey works even better.  I don't usually drink hard liquor and sometimes I feel a little alcoholic when I order a Jack and Coke at the airport bar at 8 am before a flight, but I don't care... it works...
I have finally been able to go no poo after cutting my hair all the way off.  I plan on growing out again nice and healthy.  When my hair was longer (shoulder length), it was very hard to go through the adjustment period.  With short hair, there is no adjustment period!  Cutting your hair is clearly not for everyone, but it's a suggestion...   I'm also wondering if anyone has tried this... would your scalp produce less oil if you actually added MORE oil to your hair...