or Connect

Posts by Parker'smommy

Yah, I guess it's "other"> I Took my husband's last name when we got married, and then all 3 kids have our last name. ITs' pretty common around here, even in San Diego county, but I guess not here at Mothering.....lol. 
A family of 5 in San Diego County and we spend around $400-$500 a month in groceries. We eat fairly well, but it's not all organic either. And I'm okay with that. If I ate only organic, it would be close to $1000 a month. And guess what? I don't have $1000 a month to spend on groceries. I have $500, and that's actually a lot of $$ to spend on food. What I'm trying to say is that you usually spend what you have. You can't spend $$ you don't have. I don't have $1k, so I...
I made this today..... SWEET GARLIC CHICKEN     1 1/2 - 2 lbs of chicken thighs. I seem to find these on sale often so my freezer is stocked with thighs. I also find that thighs stay tender in the crockpot better than chicken breasts and don't dry out.  in a small bowl combine :  1/2 cup soy sauce 1/3 cup Ketchup 1/3 cup honey 3-4 cloves of garlic minced 1 tsp dried basil   Place chicken in crockpot, pour contents of small bowl over the chicken. cook on high for...
Nah....I'd  bet that if you offered to nurse her when she returns, she'll nurse.    I went away without my then 3 year old for 8 days and left her and her brother with my parents while I was gone. She was absolutely happy and fine with me gone, and when she picked me up from the airport she hugged me and kissed me and told me she loved me. When we got home, and I asked her if she wanted to take a nap, and have some milk, she crawled into my lap and nursed :) She didn't...
My dd has barbie feet. She is 1 month shy of 3 years old and wears a size 5! She doesnt take after me....i wear a womens 10:) I think I read that the average 3 year old wears a 7 1/2.
I would expect VBS to ge heavily Christian themed as its based on the bible, right? I dont understand why yoh would want to bring your children there if you didnt believe in the bible's teachings. I dont understand people replying they got upset when VBS was too much Christianity? Huh? Im a Christian, an dthere is no way I would enroll my kids in an Athiest camp,as those arent beliefs for our family, no matter how cheap it ws or how many neighbors were attending. And if I...
The only time I have bled in pregnancy was when I lost the pregnancies. I dont think bleeding during pregnancy is unheard of in healthy pregnancies, but is usually not a good symptom to have for most woman.
I've been pregnant 6 times. Had 2 healthy children born, then a 20 week stillborn, a 5 week miscarriage, and a 17 week miscarriage, and then our rainbow baby was born after a difficult pregnancy. No more babies for us.
When I had a 3 year old and a newborn, I did everything in my power to preserve nap time...lol. what did the trick was to nurse the baby in ds' room while singing to the 3 year old. I sat in a chair next to his bed, and then both were asleep!!!! Sometimes, I would let him unwind and watch a tv show while I nursed the baby, set her down asleep, and then go lay with 3 year old. It became routine. Both kids napped till they entered kindy @ 5 1/2. Im not strict about anything...
Nightweaning helped us get longer sleep stretches. My dh was extremely helpful and took over night time parenting. She still sleeps with us. But, she is on one side, next to the bed rail, dh in the middle, and then me. I slept in another room for a few weeks, and then moved back in. I love this arrangement because she is still with us, but dh and I can cuddle, and we sleep longer. I started letting her nurse in the am when he got up for work -5 am. And for a long time, she...