or Connect

Posts by Parker'smommy

Kindergarten isnt required in most states, so I wouldnt worry about it this year.
He sounds like he is doing great! To get perspective, Pediatricians want kids to have at least five to ten words by 18 months and it sounds like he is already there!
I am thinking if you tweaked his am wake up to an 8 am time, and then a 12:00 or 1:00 nap, he would be ready for bed before 10 pm. It sounds like he needs a reset. Unless you like him staying up till 2am and sleeping during the day. My older kids napped until they were 5 years old...the summer before Kinder. My youngest is 29 months old and sleeps 2-3 hours every day. Sometimes that is early- 11 am, and sometimes is 12:30. I put her to bed no later tham 9 pm. But my...
I would recommend cutting out the baby food and the toddler meals. Its overprocessed and not healthy. Cook him whole foods. And I wouldn't start the new baby on solids so soon either, 6 months would be the earliest I would start solids. And try making your own baby food instead of buying jars of baby food. Good luck, momma. It sounds like you really want the best for your kids.
Ask your pediatrician. I have Kaiser, so we have a full speech pathology department and audiology departments. I needed a referral from my Pediatrician for the Speech pathology evaluation, but was able to self refer for the audiology ( hearing test) evaluation. If you can't see a private speech pathologist, or audiologist, your pediatrician will most likely have the contact information for your local Early Intervention. Some states and counties require a referral, and...
It's unusual, or rare. But, I wouldn't call it not normal. Is it hurting him to be swaddled? Probably not. Is it helping him sleep? Yes. The question is.....do you mind doing it? If not, dont worry about it. It's how he's been taught to go to sleep, just like babies who are rocked to sleep, or my 28 month old that nurses to sleep. Ive had people question that, and my response is that it's easy, reliable, it works , and *I* am willing to do it. When that changes, we will...
But, if he napped @ 2 pm, instead of 4 pm, it would still gain you a 2 hour earlier bedtime, right?
No Elf here. I just wouldnt be able to keep it up during such a busy time.id forget to move him. But on fb, I see that moving him isnt enough, now the elves are making snow angels in flour, and hanging with Barbie, and spelling Merry Christmas with alphabits. Nope, couldnt keep up! I get the controversy though. Some of the elf stuff is TOO MUCH....crazy. and my dd's friend's elf brings presents!! Wth? On FB last night, she posted the matching AG dresses he brought her...
My biggest reason for NOT taking the carseat ON the plane was that it puts a 3 year olds feet RIGHT at the seat in front of them. Unless you want to ask you toddler 150 times to stop kicking the seat in front of them and potentially have a VERY upset passenger in front of them, I'd CHECK the carseat at the gate like  you would a stroller. JMO.    And yah, no nursing on take-off and landing for children who have their own seats. It's the law, unfortunately. Good luck!
First, I would have a health talk about staying clean, which means not peeing in your pants, and if it does happen, removing them, and getting clean and dry clothes on. This does NOT have to be shaming, just matter of fact, this is what humans need to do. I would then have him change his pants and underwear and then put the clothes in the laundry to clean them. Do not help him. He is to care for it himself. Hand him the clean clothes, and a bag to put the wet clothes in,...