or Connect

Posts by Parker'smommy

I can only guess, but my guess is that the baby associates your friend with being away from mom and dad. Perhaps, when they came to visit, the baby thought that mommy and daddy were leaving her again with your friend, and didn't want to. 
I am so sorry sweetie. I hope that you can find some counseling and talk with someone about your grief. There are many support groups out there and you could talk to some other moms that have gone through what you are going through. I will put you in my prayers for peace and a way for you to cope and handle your grief while taking care of your boys. 
If I was the host, I'd put it on the invite. If someone mentioned that it was a big deal, I'd buy one for them, I guess. As a guest, I'd probably just go out and buy a cheapy one for the party. No biggie.    My son had a skateboard party at a really cool local skateboard park ( Sean White goes there on his time off from snowboarding!) this past month. The park doesn't rent any boards or gear and they require all riders to wear helmets and elbow and knee pads. The...
I do!    I have a 2009 Routan. We got a killer deal on it used in 2010. I love it. It drives well and it's really roomy. I love the compartments in the floor of the 2nd row, and that the third row can be put into the floor so we can haul bikes and big stuff if neccessary. One of my favorites, that even my friend's Sienna doesn't have is that BOTH sides of the doors are automatic and able to close via the remote or from the driver or passengers seat. It makes...
I just was telling my husband that I can't remember the last time I nursed dd- 18 months old, in public. It isn't because I have denied her, it's just that she is SO busy now that she doesn't ask in public anymore. BUT....I see the pattern coming that is following my previouis 2 children's pattern that she will probably start again. She is just now starting to ask more at home. Before, it as mostly me offering. She would ask when she was tired, and wanted to nap, or at...
My 10 year old roams the neighborhood with his buddies. He has definite boundaries and he knows what is allowed and not allowed. If he goes into a friend's house or backyard, he has to call and let me know. I'm in close communication with the neighborhood moms  by texting and calling throughout the day to each other on the whereabouts of the boys. It's been a good experience for my son. He loves his freedom and enjoys just being a kid without constant supervision. He's...
I would also recommend a play based preschool for any child, gifted or not. You said that he was drawn to the free play aspects of the school you looked at. And you also said that he is lacking in social interactions with peers. There is a lot of evidence out there ( just google and research for yourself) that most children benefit from play based schools where kids can....be kids! Being in a play based school will not stop him from reading or stunt his advancement or...
yep....I leave the 10 year old in the car with the baby all of the time. It's never for a very long time...maybe 20 minutes at the most. Baby is ALWAYS falling asleep in the car ( poor 3rd child...lol) while we are out running around to activities and she will be an awful crank if we wake her. So, 10 year old will sit in the car with the a/c on with her while she sleeps. He is VERY capable and is able to turn off the car, if needed, unbuckle the baby, and remove her from...
I've had 3 csections, and had a terrible start with my first child. We ended up having a successful nursing relationship, but it was a tough road that lasted almost 4-5 months before things started to turn around. So, like you, I was determined to have a happier beginning with my other two births. Things went well with my middle child, but I would say the things I did for my last birth REALLY set me up for a successful nursing relationship.    What I...
According to my mother, I was potty trained at 18 months. BUT...my brother was born 2 months later, and I balked at the potty after his arrival...lol. She took a break from trying to train me after my brother's birth and she said I was trained "late" at about 34 months old!!!       I think perhaps one of the reasons that kids are potty learning later isn't because parents are lazy, but because parents are busy!!! I know that when I potty trained my 2 oldest, I...