or Connect

Posts by Parker'smommy

at 4 1/2 months of age, I would substitute any breastmilk feedings with formula. While it's not as good as breastmilk, it isn't poison and it will give your baby all of the nutrients your baby needs at this age. Solids should be just what a previous poster said, "just for fun", at even 6 months old. And I can't imagine that a 4 1/2 month old would ingest enough solids to say that it replaces a feeding. When I started solids, it didn't interrupt how many feedings my baby...
Hi ladies.....I haven't cooked/fed a baby for awhile, and I don't think I'm thinking clearly enough ( lack of sleep and my brains dripping out of my boobs!) I'm always at a loss on what to feed her. Dinner seems easier as I just feed her bits of whatever we're eating. But I'm always at a loss at breakfast and lunch and what if what we are eating for dinner isn't appropriate for her ( pizza night,  for example)   DD is almost 1 years old ( yikes!) and I just can't...
Yes, like the PP said, how often do you plan on being away from your baby? ANd for how long?    My baby is 1 years old and has never had a bottle, not once. THere just hasn't been a need. By 3-4 months old, she could go 2-3 hours without nursing, so I didn't leave her longer than that. THen, when she was 6 months old, she started solids, so I could leave her even longer as my dh or parents could give her some solids and water in a cup. As it is, I don't think I've...
When you gave up naps, months ago, it worked okay, because it was new, and he was most probably exhausted. And he still is. !2 hours awake without a nap, is a long time for a 3 year old. Sleep begets sleep, and really, I would trade a later bedtime of 8 or 9 pm instead of being up all night with a restless sleeper. If he is waking 10 times during the night WITH melatonin, it's not working. And he is not getting good quality sleep waking that often.    hugs, sweetie....
So, she's four years old?  I don't want to discourage you, but she may not be able to nurse. Even children who nurse as babies and nurse into toddlerhood seem to "forget" how to nurse properly after not nursing for awhile. I have had this happen to several friends whose children weaned during a pregnancy and then just weren't able to nurse after baby came and they wanted to try. Mom had plenty of milk as she was nursing an infant, but the older child wasn't able to do it...
It was an overabundance of FOREMILK that made my baby's poop green, not veggies or hindmilk. How's that for an answer??!!lol...
Nope...never worked for me. My baby wasn't waking because she was super hungry. She was waking because she wanted to nurse ;)   
I actually think he'd keep it all up....except the bfing....of course ;)  But it would really bug him that our other kids had many years of breastmilk, and the baby didn't. He loves cloth diapering our children, sleeping with them, and slinging them, so I know my kids would still be parented the way we do now. He buys organic whenever he shops. He wouldn't buy paper towels or napkins. He prefers cloth. His meals might not be as "healthy" as mine. But I know he'd  try....
AMEN Piglet68....AMEN!      I've been here almost as long as you....and feel exactly how you feel. I feel safe here. I would hate for that to go away. 
Yes, I would set some boundaries for sleeping in your  bed. She is old enough to understand.  I would say that if she sleeps quietly, and doesn't wake you up, she can sleep in your bed. If not, she can sleep on a pallet on the floor in your room. I wouldn't encourage playing during the night while you are sleeping. I would tell her that night time is for sleeping....and that's it. My husband ended up helping me by sleeping with my middle one alone until she realized that...