or Connect

Posts by kiwiva

My DD had 2 blocked ducts. One cleared in the first few months on its own (4 months, maybe) but the other didn't do so until she was 14 months. I had my eyes tested and mentioned it to the eye doc, saying that the pedi opthamologist had told me they don't really know if the massage works but I could do it. This doc told me to do it using more pressure than I had been and lower down on the nose. I did and two days later she woke up with no more goopy eye.   As I said,...
  LLL of Silver Lake meets this Wednesday September 7th at 6:30 pm at the Kingston Public Library, 6 Green Street, Kingston, MA.   Attending La Leche League meetings can help you learn about breastfeeding from other nursing mothers. In addition to discussion around a specific topic, everyone is invited to share their current breastfeeding experience and to seek information and encouragement from other attendees and the group Leaders.   All women who have an...
  LLL of Silver Lake meets this Thursday June 2nd at 6:30 pm at the Kingston Public Library, 6 Green Street, Kingston, MA.   Attending La Leche League meetings can help you learn about breastfeeding from other nursing mothers. In addition to discussion around a specific topic, everyone is invited to share their current breastfeeding experience and to seek information and encouragement from other attendees and the group Leaders.   All women who have an interest...
LLL of Silver Lake meets this Thursday May 5th at 6:30 pm at the Kingston Public Library, 6 Green Street, Kingston, MA.   Attending La Leche League Meetings can help you learn about breastfeeding from other nursing mothers. In addition to discussion around a specific topic, everyone is invited to share their current breastfeeding experience and to seek information and encouragement from other attendees and the group leaders.   All women who have an...
My husband and I were not on the same page originally. He's a rule following first born and figured if that's what was recommended there was a reason for it. It never got heated with us but we don't argue about things that way generally. DH's pro-vax stance was not based on any research at all. He just thought, it's what you do, everyone else does. I broke it down for him. I asked him what in particular he was concerned about. Measles was on the top of his list so we...
Is there enough protein and fat in the snacks and meals? I assume the sandwich has protein in it, but grapes, chips and juice or cracker-type snacks are just simple carbs and if those are a lot of his snacks he will be in a sugar crash cycle all the time and will be hungry every hour. My 4 year old tends to ask for snacks when she is not being stimulated enough (we haven't gotten out or whatever) and once she has one then she is likely to ask for another when the...
  This has dosing info, including for pregnant and breastfeeding moms. http://www.fda.gov/downloads/Drugs/GuidanceComplianceRegulatoryInformation/Guidances/UCM080542.pdf    
The red rasp may decrease milk supply when used for more than 2 weeks. The other 2 are good for lactation. I just did a herbs for lactation class and that's what it said.
South Shore Conservatory is in both Hingham and Duxbury. We went to observe violin lessons last week, actually! They do lessons in everything and have other sorts of music classes too. I know a few families who do violin there and one who does drums (I think).
ITA with the above! My DD is 4 and she often needs a minute or two before she wants to interact with people. I would not discipline her for not talking to someone if she doesn't want to. If someone gives her something or asks her something, I will answer for her if she doesn't want to do so herself. After the fact we do talk about manners and I remind her that it is polite to say "thank you" or whatever. When she is older and more confident I am sure she will because...