or Connect

Posts by mama in the forest

I'm in again & loving it!!!!
Thanks chasemommy!! I'm definitely going to do that. I'll use more lanolin, and I will soak it longer too.
Can somebody help? I ADORE my swaddlebees wool covers but I can't get the piss smell out of them. Here's what I'm doing: Hand washing, tepid water, soak 30 minutes with either Eucalan or baby shampoo, line dry. I lanolize every so often but I think I'm doing THAT wrong too because they get wet with each diaper change & I change him a lot! I lanolize by dissolving pea sized amount of Lanisoh in half cup of boiling water (& a dash of Eucalan -sp?) then adding to...
If you feel like giving your Moby another try, I really recommend watching the videos on youtube on how to use it. I owned a storch wrap & had SO much trouble wrapping it...I figured I was just wrap-resistant! Just this weekend, however, I got my first moby & I had prepared by watching lots of videos on it...and, it's perfect! I can wrap it up pretty quickly & get him in it, and we've only had it a couple of days. Watch those videos over & over, then practice. **for...
Thanks Cristeen! An update: my Moby arrived & I love it!! I have had him in a front carry several times, and he seems to like it better than any other carrier I've tried. I'm still only averaging about 20 minutes, but at least he's not crying immediately! Also, I am amazed at how the Moby doesn't hurt my back or shoulders...OR cut off the blood supply to my arms! That was what I really loathed about the storch. My arms would fall asleep. The Moby is soft &...
Ergo carries a waist strap extender too - just in case your strap is a little tight. I know you need to have it tight *enough*, but if it could stand loosening the waist extender might be the thing.
Oh yes - I see it. And it's funny but I actually tried that earlier today! He didn't like it unfortunately, but I was able to get him into a sort of hip straddle in the sling with me lending extra support for his head. It freed up at least one of my arms! Still, he only lasted about 20 minutes. I swear, this is my seventh child (and last) and he's my toughest guy for wearing! Looking forward to getting my moby in the mail soon...
Quote: I would would recommend a high back carry first, but if that does not work get a good supportive woven wrap for a front carry and make sure you do it with the baby sitting in the wrap with the legs out and not with the baby hanging from his crotch. thanks ~ I agree, I'd rather he be in a back carry. I'm hoping as he grows & gets a little older he will allow that. For now, I've gotta save my arms... I did get out my storch...not my favorite...
Looks like it could be done with a moby or stretchy wrap. Legs tucked inside: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bu5K...om=PL&index=10 Legs sticking out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awmsZJfdezU&feature=fvw
My guy won't stand for my ring sling, baby hawk, or ergo...he just doesn't like facing towards me yet in front, & he doesn't like being on my back. He's 8 weeks & 12lbs, with very good head control. He loves to be carried around facing outwards toward his environment, so I want to try a wrap to save my arms. Which one or two would be best? I have to say, I am loving that Neobulle...but, would it work for a forward facing carry?