or Connect

Posts by mama in the forest

Quote: Finally have something to say other than "still pregnant". My beautiful boy was born tonight, UC waterbirth, solo until I called the family from downstairs to see him slide the rest of the way out. 6lbs 8ozs, tiny and perfect. Long stop and start labour that required all my mental effort to stay relaxed and loose. But he is worth it! Oh congratulations mama!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy that gorgeous little guy & your baby moon!
Corasmama I'm so very sorry. What a beautiful, beautiful outlook you have, and I'm sending you all the peaceful vibes possible.
Quote: My second was breech until 36-37 weeks. She spontaneously turned while I was pushing a shopping cart in the grocery store. It nearly knocked me off my feet, it was such a strong, intense feeling. There is still time for your babe to turn, so don't give up hope yet. Thank you gardenmommy! I appreciate that. At this point I would be happy to have him breech. I could birth him at home at least with breech...but he is transverse right now so...
Thanks gon2be. Quote: my littlest was complete at 36+ weeks. my mw recomm. a chiro and accup. for the webster and accupuncture (which I never needed) as the by the 4th visit to my chiro to perform the webster my babe turned and engaged!! don't give up the ship~ they know what they are doing in there. You still have time Mama for a flip Thanks so much for this - it helps! At this point I would be happy with either head down OR breech! I just...
Quote: Mamaintheforest Did the Webster technique work? Do you know if babe is frank or footling? gon2be ~ thanks for asking! He WAS complete...meaning his legs were folded sort of in a sitting position, but now he's TRANSVERSE. I'm so utterly bummed. I'm giving him one more week and then I am having a version. I really wanted to avoid that because it seems scary and I worry about it, but if I want to homebirth I'm going to have to try it....
Quote: Last night at bedtime, I ate the chicken breast. At 4:15am, I checked & was 106. I ate a handful of nuts & at 9am was 90. Tonight, I will try a similar combination & see if I can get a pattern. First AM this week I didn't wake up, test & cry. So that's kind of nice. That is GREAT!! I would definitely keep doing the late night all protein snack. That really does the trick for me. I really cannot have any carbs in the evening or later at...
congratulations!!!!!!!
My first thought is that next time at bed you could try something more like TWO hard boiled eggs & some raw almonds or walnuts eaten together. 83 is a good number so it could be you just need more of a bedtime snack. I have never gone wrong with fastings when I have two hard boiled eggs with nuts right before bed. You might also need to do the 5am too...but see what more of a bedtime snack does. One other thing ~ definitely add Konsyl to your diet!! It is a sugar...
Congratulations to all the newly pregnant!!!!!! What a joy! I'm 37 weeks today ~ and my guy is still breech. Going to my first ever chiropractor visit today to get the Webster technique. I'm a little skeptical, but trying to keep an open mind. Wish me luck!!
Hi mamas! It's great to hear how everyone's doing! I'm 36 weeks now, & getting very excited to hold and smell my sweet boy. I've never had a winter baby before out of all my births, so I'm excited to do this...winter is my favorite season. I'm a little bummed...he lies breech right now. One of my others was breech for awhile, but turned at the last minute...so, I know he could too. Yet, I have this feeling that he is not going to. I decided to go with some...