or Connect

Posts by mama in the forest

I don't know very much about Senokat, but I do know that a product called Konsyl is completely safe for pregnancy & actually recommended. I use it - it is natural psyllium fiber and is very beneficial for digestion & constipation. It comes in a gritty powder type of consistency, and you mix it with water or any liquid. I actually take mine with water, cinnamon, & then mix it in one of those battery powered drink mixers...very good. Konsyl is really good for...
Mine turned breech to vertex the night before she was born. (39 weeks).
There are plenty of herbal/plant treatments for GSB. I've used them for all of my UC's.
Congratulations columbusmomma &welcome! Peace & Hope ~ gosh, this is your first and what a special thing. To get to experience all of it for the first time is so beautiful. It's wonderful. Conversely, this will be my last time, & I am having such a poignant pregnancy. I'm 33 weeks now. At 44, (and 7 kids) I have all I can handle on my plate...and I'm overjoyed at knowing I have one more beautiful boy coming into my life. Everything that comes up I think: this...
Wow, Belle, that was beautiful! Thank you so much for posting your video... Do you think that if you had been on hands & knees (with the right water level) that almost all of your back would have been covered by water? I know it's probably a difficult question. I'm just trying to figure out if I could keep my bottom & birthing baby in the water until finished. (in that position)
I'd love to hear your experiences about this ~ do you find the La Bassine good for tall women? (over 5'10"). I want to be able to be on hands & knees & still be mostly covered.
Quote: SO for a mom who has no inclination to abort, I still see no reason for testing. BUT everyone knows the rate of Down's goes up as the mother ages. Well, you know, it can be pretty reassuring to test. I'm 44 & pregnant with my 7th right now, and I did a LOT of thinking about what I was willing to do & not do this time around. In the past, I have not tested for genetic abnormalities...just had early ultrasounds to check for viability. With...
Welcome all joiners!!!!! Quote: I am curious to know who is/isn't getting the H1N1 vaccine. I'm still on the fence about it. I normally don't do any vaccines at all...nor for the kids, but because I'm in my Third trimester, I'm considering it. For all of us. UGH. Quote: mamaintheforest, wow, 31 weeks - that seems so far along to me (at 17 over here, heh). have you had many of your little ones UC? how do you like to...
Quote: does anyone know any exercises that would help SPD? i have had a strong urge to do lots of squats, but i'm not sure if that would help or hurt! I'd like to hear what DeChiRi says about this, but for now I'll tell you my own experience. I had SPD pretty severe with one pregnancy, then moderately with another. (i had some without it too). This pregnancy I started feeling the beginnings of it and I'm trying VERY hard to minimize it. I found...