or Connect

Posts by mama in the forest

Quote: I banned crayons from this house. Seriously I had to ban markers. It just isn't worth the headache! My three year old loved to use himself as his canvas in addition to the walls.
Congratulations mama!!!!!!!!!!!!! : Quote: DH says we won't even drive by the hospital! Welcome to your freedom.
Congratulations on a magnificent UC! Your girls are precious.
Congratulations mama!! I had a feeling you had your boy. Healing to you & your little guy, and may he come home very quickly!
I'm betting txmidwife is holding her babe right now. Good labor vibes to you & lots of support! Let us know.......
Quote: 1. How many of the UC mamas here are grand multiparas? 2. What complications did you encounter because of that, if any? 3. How do you manage heavy bleeding? Is there a natural remedy for that? I had a shot of Pitocin last time, but with an UC that would not be possible. I am not against resorting to having some placenta either, if things come to worse. Me! : : I encountered no complications because of being a grand multip. I've...
Quote: Then again, I think a lot of it is wanting to see if she can do what typical schooled kids do, and that's what they do... I just can't imagine her being interested enough to do it for long. Which is okay... Dar ~ what about community college? Would she be interested in that? The nice thing would be that she'd get the more formal structure, plus really see where she fit in with things. And, she would get credit for it that she could use...
Quote: I was really hoping that being midwives they would be more open to the concept of UC and maybe be interested to hear my story and ask me some questions and stuff, but instead they accused me of having something to hide, said I was raising red flags for PPD (for being a recluse and birthing alone in my "cave" I guess) and she asked me if I had any thoughts of harming my baby or felt unable to care for her. Nothing could be further from the...
Quote: If a maid will slip a four~leaf clover into her left shoe, and tie a garland of myrtle and clover around her brow, she will see the fairies as the moon comes up. ~ by Claire Nahmad Finding one not only brings good luck, but in the Middle Ages, it was also thought to allow the bearer to see fairies and plant sprites. So it was that children often searched fields for a four leaf clover in order to see into the magical realm of the spirit world....
I'm glad the cloud has lifted mama. Welcome to the sunshine.