or Connect

Posts by atpeace

Baby tweens! HAHA, I love it. It's funny, they are totally stuck in an in-between phase now, but I was kindly reminded yesterday by a friend that they are still babies until they can walk by themselves in parking lots. Apparently, that's the official milestone of toddlerhood.  Haha, DS still has a very long way to go to get to that stage! Although some of the babies here are zooming around on their own now, which I can't wait for! I can't even imagine DS walking...
  I'm going back to work in one week, and I'll be away from DS for over 12 hours (my 12 hr shifts are 7 - 7, two days, followed by two nights) at a time, so on day shifts, I'll be gone before he wakes up, and back around the time he goes to bed, so in essence, I won't see him at all! Terrible.   How do I keep nursing? Any tips or suggestions from moms who are away from their kids for long stretches of time? I know I'll have some engorgement and my body will have to...
Very valuable post. I work in health care too, and have yet to experience this personally. But I think it needs to be acknowledged. 
Thanks, ladies. I've been ruminating over all your suggestions.   And I'm having second thoughts about night weaning, after considering it carefully.   I totally didn't clue into the fact that some days, I'll be away from DS for over 12 hours (my 12 hr shifts start at 7 am and end at 7 pm), so I'll be gone before he wakes up, and back around the time he goes to bed, so in essence, I won't see him at all! Terrible.   And I know he'll want to nurse a few times...
Wow, Fritz looks like a big boy, and I by big I mean mature, like a two year old! Raymey looks like an infant compared to him, probably because of the baldness. I don't think he'll have any hair until closer to two years old just like his sister. :)    Raymond's getting some shoes for his birthday this weekend, the soft leathery ones that Terrilein mentioned. I agree with waiting until they are pretty solid walkers before getting more structured shoes.    N, I...
DS is turning one year old next week, and I'm curious about night weaning at this age. I'm aware that many people continue night nursing a lot longer than one year (I nightweaned DD at 20 months, and she continued nursing during the day until she was 2.5yo), and am not looking for a debate please, just tips and suggestions, and what worked for you if you night weaned at this age.    I love nursing and I enjoy co-sleeping, but I wouldn't mind some "no milkies" time at...
Woo hoo, now I feel encouraged to start a thread about "early" (by MDC standards, as e-m pointed out) night weaning! I've been wondering the exact same stuff as you guys. I'm going back to work in July, and it will be shift work (two 12-hr day shifts, two 12-hr night shifts, five days off), and frankly, I'm about done with the night nursing anyway. I'm sure there are a bunch of us on here, and it would be fabulous to hear some tips and suggestions. 
Not in your DDC, but I was in your shoes last year!   I'm a crazy pregnancy insomnia veteran as well (both pregnancies), and the thing that really helped me was actually getting out of bed when I couldn't sleep, and writing down all the stuff that was running through my brain...things to do before baby comes, baby name ideas, plans for the house, errands to run, recipes to try, WHATEVER. I felt like my brain was on fire with thinking, so getting it all written down...
Aww, I've missed the witty banter and chatter on our DDC...I haven't been around much in the past year since we've been enjoying my maternity leave so very much. I'm going back to work (at a new job!) on July 4th, so my "vacation" is coming to an end. Very bittersweet...it's been a lovely year.    Raymond is turing 1 on June 27th (re: birthday party plans: just having family over for a big meal and yummy dessert/cake with strawberries picked by us, as is our...
Thanks for your reply. (Somewhat) good to know someone else has experienced this! It hasn't slowed down today, and I'm having trouble with my Diva cup (but that's another post!). So far today I've emptied it twice, and have switched to tampons now. Still very heavy. The good thing is, I don't have any pain at all, which is unusual since I always have at least some cramping. Not a single cramp this time, which I'm liking.   I'll see how the rest of the day goes....