or Connect

Posts by amydep

I have this one saved in my favorites: http://www.mothering.com/discussions...03&postcount=2
Sounds like a canker sore to me. I get them when I eat too much citrus. Try eating some yogurt or probiotics - they usually help heal them faster for me. Also, like PP said, dab with hydrogen peroxide on a q-tip. If you need temporary pain relief you can always try anbesol. Canker sores are completely unrelated to cold sores. Cold sores are a form of the herpes virus, canker sores are not. Also, canker sores happen on the inside of the mouth where cold sores happen...
I'm wondering the same thing about my son, although his fever just started yesterday. We took him to the doctor today just to rule out strep and flu - he was negative for both. The doctor said "viral flu-like illness", which can mean just about anything. He is so lethargic and doesn't want to eat anything. His temp is staying around 101, which we are not treating yet because his body is doing just what it should be doing. If it gets too high we will treat with...
Quote: Originally Posted by Mahtob I don't understand why this doesn't make sense. Quarantine is a long-respected response to disease outbreaks. Vaccinated kids' chances of getting the disease are far lower than those of unvaccinated kids. It stands to reason that only the unvaccinated kids need to be quarantined. Why would you want your kids to go to school in that case? You don't know whether some children might have weakened immune systems...
Ya know, these old school docs seem to think that they can get parents to change their minds by scolding them....and it probably used to work. But parents are getting more and more assertive about their children's health and not allowing these doctors to bully them into vaccines. I have the same situation at my kids' ped practice. There are 4 doctors in the practice, and I will only allow my kids to see one of them. And even he is barely comfortable with our...
We had also delayed the MMR shot for our son, as it was the one that concerned us the most (at the time). We delayed it at his 18 month appointment, and his 2 year, and 3 year, and 4 year appointments. After much more research, neither of our children will ever get that shot (as well as any other shot for that matter). That voice in your head that is making you "freak out".....that's your mothering instinct. Listen to it. If you are uncomfortable with your son...
Our ped practice recommends it at 15 months. We have not done it and will not do it for either child. If either of them need it for college enrollment, then they can make that decision to get it at that time.
Thanks for all the responses! Another thing I just thought about is that this happened right in the middle of AF, and my milk supply always drops a little during AF anyway, so it is a double whammy on my supply. Thankfully, I have an amazing DH, and he has done everything to take care of me and the kids while I was sick. I don't know what I would have done without him. I'm going to add a couple extra nursings a day over the next few days just to remind my body to...
Oh, thank you! That is what I wanted to hear!! I am no longer pumping (I used to pump for one bottle a day while I worked in the mornings, but now DH gives her solids when I am gone) so I can't even use that as a judge as to how much DD is getting. I can just tell by the way my breasts feel that there isn't a whole lot in there. I'm sure my body has to replace the lost fluids to everything at once, so it makes sense that it would take a little while for the milk supply...
Help! I am still nursing our 13 month old (almost 14 months) dd. She is happily eating solids and nursing, and things have been going so great. Until this weekend. I came down with a horrible stomach bug, and my milk supply seems to have completely gone away. I lost so much fluids, and I know that has affected my supply, but I want to know if it will come back now that I am recovering. I nursed her through the illness (being careful to wash my hands beforehand, etc)...