or Connect

Posts by amydep

No - this is not true, at least in my experience. My daughter is coming up on 9 months and is still not caught up on her 6 month vaccines and probably won't be until she is a year or so. And, we opted out on the rotavirus completely. From what I understand, the vaccine guide is just that - a guide. Some pediatricians, though, will make you adhere to it, or be released from their practice. They do have the right to do that. You could always "miss" the appointment in 4...
Oh my! I am so mad for you!! We have found the same type thing happen at our pediatric office. The doctor that we normally see is OK with our delayed/selective schedule, but the other docs in the practice have given me grief on more than one occasion. However, it's one thing to put up with it at a routine visit, but when your baby has a high fever - that is just unexcusable. Definitely complain when you go in tomorrow. Sorry to hear you had to go through that.
I am so sorry. You and your friend's family will be in my thoughts and prayers.
I, personally, do not know anyone who has had their child(ren) receive all of those vaccines. We selectively vax and delay vax though. I can't imagine anyone agreeing to the rotavirus vax - especially with the fiasco they had a few years back. When we took my DD in for her 2 month visit they went over the list of recommended vaccines (4 shots which involved 7 vaccines, plus the oral rotavirus - totaling 8 vaccines at 2 months old!) and I told them that we were not going...
Quote: Originally Posted by quarteralien What state are you in? You might need to be careful about how you phrase your exemption. In my state, NY, you need to be religiously opposed to the practice of vaxing, not the ingredients. In fact, I think it's pretty accepted that you shouldn't mention the ingredients at all, just how the practice itself goes against you beliefs, which includes all vaccinations. I don't know how it varies by state, so do look up...
I've since found out more information since my last post and we've made our decision - our kids will not be getting it because of the aborted fetal cells used in this vaccine. We will use our religious exemption when we sign him up for kindergarten next year. I was told by our school district that this is OK to do. We do not have the option in our state in splitting up the shot (called the health department and was told it is not an option). So, no MMR and no varicella...
Wow...that is unbelievable. What are they doing to our kids? Thank you so much for sharing this.
Thanks for the above link. For those who are interested in a polio vaccination that does not use fetal cell lines...I believe it is called Ipol. Now I have another question. When my son goes for his physical at 5 years old, if we are asked how we are going to enroll him in school without the MMR vaccine and varicella booster, what do I say? I think our son's pediatrician would be OK with us telling him that we are using a religious exemption (I have already...
I can honestly say that my DH and I did not know that fetal cells were used in vaccines (specifically MMR and varicella). We just found out this information recently. I am as pro-life as they come, and have been avoiding getting the MMR shot for my son for 4 1/2 years. He had previously been vaccinated against other diseases except for the MMR. That particular shot was one that I had always had reservations on and have refused it at every visit. We were nearing his 4...
I have been researching this for the past few days and this is what I found out...we already went to the health department in April and got the religious exemption because DS was coming up on his 4 year check-up and I didn't know if we would be pushed to have him get the MMR (because he hadn't received it at all yet) and also the varicella vax. Both of these vaccines I am religiously opposed to because of the use of aborted fetal cells. Since then, I found out that you...