or Connect

Posts by amydep

Quote: Also...what if a mom was born in the 50's.. and she was exposed to Rubella as a kid. What if she had high titers but no one checked and she went ahead and got a R shot in the 70's...and so now her baby invitro has been (theoretically) exposed to R and maybe Rubella and when it is a baby it is given the R shot or MMR or whatever they offered then... and now that child is a full grown adult and she is giving birth to a baby in the 90's... lordy what does...
DH is going to go to the health department and have our children's names (also have an 8 mo old DD) removed from the SHOTS database (just read that it can be done). It amazes me that it can be on record when medical files are supposed to be private??? This whole situation just irks me! We should be able to choose what vaccines, if any, we want to give to our kids without having to submit forms and jump through hoops, I think. Thank you for your advice and info!!
That's my other dilemma....DS received a polio booster and a DTaP booster AFTER we received the religious exemption because I didn't know it was an all or none situation (until I did some reading today). Now what do I do?
I think they are automatically reported. We live in Florida, and from what I understand there is a SHOTS database that tracks all of the information. I'm trying to find out information now about how to get off of the database. Any info on this?
I asked this question on another thread, and it may have already been answered somewhere, but I am having a hard time finding the answer. At what point (age) is the MMR considered safe? My son is 4 1/2 years old and has received all of his vaccines except for this one. He is already enrolled in an early pre-k program with help for speech/language delays/articulation errors. I have held off on this vaccine mainly because of the autism concern. If my son is already...
My son is 4 1/2 and we still have not given it to him. I'm terrified! I'm trying to figure out at what age is a "safe" age to give it to him?? He has some speech/language delays/articulation errors as it is, and I'm so afraid that this shot will cause more problems. I expressed my concerns to his pediatrician, and he said he would sign off in delaying the vaccine if that is my request (so that he can still start kindergarten next fall). We have also gone so far as to...
Yeah...I lost the battle with my sister and her husband too. This was 3 years ago when I was pregnant and two of my sisters were pregnant. I knew the one sister would have her son circumcised because she had two sons that already were. I talked to my other sister about it and even sent her a great book to read about it. I thought I had her convinced that it was very much the wrong thing to do, but as soon as she mentioned it to her husband he flipped out. He said that...