or Connect

Posts by lilsparrow

Quote: Originally Posted by katheek77 I would have thought the later age of onset in the past would be due to the fact that most people in the past weren't diagnosed until they were well into the later stages of pancreatic destruction. People weren't "diagnosed" until their urine was so filled with sugar that could be tasted. Also, the distinction between Type I and Type II diabetes wasn't made until the middle of the 20th century. I'm sure that skewed...
Quote: Originally Posted by ALittleBitCrunchy This year we are passing on the flu shot and the h1n1 version. We homeschool, the kids are out of daycare and DH and I are not employed in fields with higher than normal levels of exposure. If any of that were different, we might have decided differently. I forgot to mention that we homeschool and I think I should cause that was a factor in our decision. Although for whatever it is worth, when he...
...sorry
Hi. I am really sorry about your daughter's dx.Don't forget to ask the endo about "sick day" management. I snickered when I read that your grocery store trip took long. Not because it is funny but because it brings back so many memories of EVERYTHING taking longer. Counting up the carbs, weighing food, calculating the insulin ... my poor boy would have to wait sooooo long to eat while I tried to figure things out. Then I would get paranoid that I made a mistake and do...
((((((((((Brandi))))))))))))) I'm so sorry. What a horrible story. I hope you find the closure you need and deserve.
A friend of mine is pregnant and she feels that her baby should get the Hep B vaccine because she read that 2000-4000 people die every year from Hep B and that it is highly infectious. I did not get the vax for my baby, but it was so long ago I forgot my stats and stuff. Can you help? This is her basis for her decision : "Hepatitis B is highly infectious. An estimated 800,000 to 1.4 million people in the United States have the virus, and 20 to 30 percent of them...
Quote: Originally Posted by Girl In The Fire He often goes in there on his own just to make sure peanut butter and sausage has not magically appeared on the wall lol
Quote: Originally Posted by Ola_ I think that socialization is your top priority with a large breed like that, especially given her background. Take her everywhere you can, expose her to everything and ASAP while the socialization window is open, as a PP said. There was a neat list I saw online somewhere, it included a bunch of different surfaces they should walk on, different noises, sizes and shapes of people to expose them to, etc. Thank...
Hmmm ... well I only bought a small bag because I wasn't sure if it would work out. So, next bag I need to check the protein content aiming for 22%, while keeping in mind serving size and actual consumption. phew...lol Angie, I think its great you feed your dogs RAW. I bet they are so healthy and beautiful. It is not practical for us right now, though I would love to be able to make some puppy food to mix with dry food. I have seen some recipes of pasta/meat combos. What...
I mentioned that she wasn't too keen on her food. I didn't know if it was a palate issue or nerves. This morning I put in a couple tbs of vanilla yogurt, and she has been eating it with more umph. I hope yogurt is okay for her, I couldn't think of anything else to put on there... Any suggestions for the food? Is yogurt alright? I don't want to make it seem like she's not eating, cause she is... But nowhere near the 4 cups a day they say a puppy her size should be...