or Connect

Posts by mariposita

I did end up having a Supermoon baby!    Yemma Alima was born at 3:40pm on Saturday afternoon, just hours after the actual full moon (11:10am).  It was a peaceful home waterbirth on a gorgeous Spring day - the first of the year!  I'm hoping to write up my birth story today and I'll post it.   Hope all of you still waiting are enjoying the moon anyhow!  We take Yemma out every night to look at it if she's not sleeping and she instantly goes back to sleep.  
Well, the supermoon seems to be helping me a bit.  My water broke in the middle of the night last night.  My contractions died down during the day and they're picking up again now that it's night.     Happy birthing, supermoon mamas!!!
There is a Supermoon on March 19th - it may affect some of us who are due around that date.  Most of you probably already know that more babies are born around the full moon each month.  This will be the closest that the moon has been to the Earth in 18 years.  It can appear 16% larger in the sky than normal, and will have a stronger pull on the tides than normal.     I don't get into the gloom and doom predictions of natural disasters like others, but I do believe...
Oh, I wish I could make diapers!  Those are adorable!     Beanymama, I love all your projects!  I'm going to queue the capelet, blanket and knitted wrap on Ravelry so I can make them too!   I made a baby blanket, booties, longies, and two sweaters for the...
I told DP the other day that it felt like I could shake her hand if I reached up there.  LOL  I am almost 36 weeks and have been feeling intense cervical pressure/twinges for a few weeks now.  
Two nights ago, we had this very discussion about age-appropriateness and Harry Potter at my 3rd grade son's Waldorf school parent meeting. Quote: Originally Posted by annettemarie Honestly, I don't think there's any sort of Steiner indication for when to read the Harry Potter books, although I would be interested to hear from someone with formal Waldorf training. His teacher said that developmentally, it is best to wait until the children...
I made my boys' costumes. My 8yo was a fox and I knit the hat and tail and dyed his shirt and bag to match. My 4yo was a sushi chef and I knit the hat and the sushi for his "treat bag".
Quote: Originally Posted by Banana731 Ugh, yes. I made my daughters Halloween costumes and of course, because I can't possibly do things in a timely manner, the week before halloween was a mad craft dash. My house has suffered immensely. I'm really proud of the cloak though. http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z...C/IMG_1444.jpg Gorgeous cloak!!! I want it! In fact, I'm inspired and just might start knitting one for myself! Any tips?
Fruit, fruit, and more fruit! Fresh fruit, whole fruit popsicles, green smoothies, smoothie popsicles, orange juice. Yum. Oh, and Ethiopian food. More yum.
* EDD: March 20th * Name: Mariposa * Age: 33 * Location: MD, but moving to WA state next month * How long it took to you to get your BFP: 1 cycle * What number child is this for you: #3 * Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): My partner, DS-8yo, DS-4.5yo * Baby's gender (hopes or guesses): I've been very clearly told that she is a girl, but I'm really fine either way * Birth plans/preferences: Ecstatic home waterbirth, possible...