or Connect

Posts by Brasilmom

Hi all, My youngest baby is 3mo and I have notice some strange form of tremors in him. It has happened about 3 or 4 times. The first time I noticed was when he was on my lap. He was in a sort of "sitting position" and then his little body started trembling in a Parkinson type of fashion, if you can understand. I moved his position and it stopped. Next time around was with my friend holding him in the same position and the same happened. Then my husband was holding him...
Thank you so much all for sharing your experiences. I guess I was not prepared for it and caught me a bit too sudden. She is not doing any of that in other places, just the car seat. Indeed, I must agree with all of you, specially about the unhappy females and also about looking at it from a sexual perspective. Now with a newborn boy, I am sure there will be other types of "surprises" coming in due time. Never a boring moment. Thanks again. Be well Miriam
Quote: Originally Posted by WuWei I'd add zinc and magnesium for you. Also, probiotics for you. Eliminate all wheat/gluten, dairy, corn and soy for 2 weeks. Eat more green salads every day. Take an Epsom salt bath daily or several times a week. Pat Since I am not a bath person (prefer my showers), can I add a bit of Epsom salt to the baby's bath? Thanks. Be well Miriam
Indeed, the probiotic I am giving the baby is free of all commom allergen. I do take the pre-natal vitamin and need to check on that. After the probiotic yesterday he did better and had one bowel movement. so far today he is doing fine and I am going to give him the probiotic in the morning. We have a doctor's appointment this afternoon and I will have the chance to discuss a bit more. Thanks for the replies. Be well Miriam
Thanks for the replies. For a while she did stop, but lately as she is riding more often on the carseat, rather than on the booster, she is doing it again. Yesterday my dh caught her doing and asked her, to which she said it felt good. I am concerned about her getting hurt or even an infection from doing it, but I am not sure if it would really happen. I guess I will let things take its natural course. Thanks again. Be well Miriam
Hi all, My 20 days baby is presenting symptoms of food intolerance/allergy. My older child is severely allergic, so I am somewhat trained. I noticed that if I drink a glass of milk, the baby end up with a bad case of "colic" and cry in despair. After eliminating milk from my diet, I noticed that seems like wheat is getting the best out of him too. So, I baked some gluten free bread and he was much better this morning. However late afternoon he got a bad crying spell and...
Hi all, I know this sounds strange, and I apologize for that. However, my 4yo dd developed this "habit" and I am not sure what to make out of it and how to deal with it. Whenever we are in the car and she is in her car seat, she rubs herself against the buckle area, if you can follow me. Upon being asked why she does that, she said it felt good. First I thought that maybe she was in need of a bathroom break, then I thought that maybe she did not dry herself well and...
I just got word from my MW that I am +. She mentioned the use of acidophilus, echinacea with propolis and also hibiclens. I am on my way to find it locally and get going with it. So, for those of you that used hibiclens, is there a particular one that shall be used? I never heard of this and for what I found online there are some that are for athetes and a bunch others. I am not sure if my local health food store carries it, so I will have to get busy looking. So, if I...
I am expecting my second child and am due in March. With my first I used disposables but am now considering cloth. I have lots to learn and have been reading as much as I can. I also went to a little workshop just to learn about all the choices out there. Reading your messages, I got already few questions, so can anyone explain to me what exactly an Orange edge is?. As I read the ideal list, I am too overwhelmed by the amount of diapers for a newborn, and completely...
HI all, I recently posted questions regarding prenatal vitamin brands (new chapter) and also about hives. Well, it seems like I m reacting to the folic acid. Here is the reason for this thought. Before I started in the prenatal I started folic acid, by itself. I broke out in hives, slowly, and then the legs and arms were simply too itchy to think about it. I then started the prenatal and some homeopathic to help the hives. Since the hives did not go away and I was...