or Connect

Posts by ACsMom

And btw, that's terrible, what your counselor said to you.  Push that away and know that you are not at fault for your miscarriages, nor are you at fault for your father's or anyone else's behavior toward you.  There is NOTHING wrong with you.  I think you are courageous and a great mother.  JMO.
    I agree.  My husband has a similar situation with his side of the family.  They think he's in the wrong for taking care of himself and us, by separating himself from them.  His attitude is that he's grateful for their awful behavior - it made the choice easier for him.  But there will always be the pain of loss for him, sometimes really bad pain, especially around the holidays when all is supposed to be merry and bright.  You are doing great, dealing with it head-on...
Yay this!  It's what's best for your family.  If you're comfortable, your kids will be too.  There's no need for anyone to imply that people who choose to allow their children to believe in Santa for a period of time are liars.  Regardless of what you believe and tell your children, the season is for giving and hope and love and all that stuff!!
thanks, Nukuspot!  Helps to know this all might be completely "normal" so to speak.  My LO is feeling better, too, so that helps. :)  
yeah, I have a 2.5 y/o who had her first vaccine 3 months ago, and it was DTaP.  They recommended the one month apart schedule, but we waited 3 months before the 2nd one.  Unfortunately she did have a reaction this time, so we'll be even more cautious from now on, but the point is that waiting longer between shots (for DTaP anyway) is not going to compromise immunity.   
So, we still have a hard knot under the shot site, and it's bruised looking.  Less than 1cm now, started off as over 3 (!), but still.  This last little knot is not going away.  And we had a resurgence of her fever last night and early today.  Better now - she definitely seems to have a bad cold....took her in AGAIN and no further bacterial infection, which is good, but still....I really think her immune system has just been given way too much to do.    So, how long...
Thanks - looks like the fever was due to a virus, she now appears to just have a cold.  Poor thing.  I took her back in today and doc said probably not a continued reaction to the shot.  Mother's instinct seems to agree.  I'm still nervous about the next DTap though b/c reactions tend to get worse as you go along in the series.  We're waiting a few months, at least...thanks for the replies, all.  
Okay, update...so now she turns up with a fever today, out of the blue.  She woke up from her nap at 1:00 today and was burning up.  I took her temp, about 101.  I called the doc, left a message.  Fever kept climbing so I treated her with ibuprofen, she fell back asleep for another hour, then woke up better but she's going downhill again, since it's evening.  This is after a full 5 day course of antibiotics for the ear infection.    So...is this more reaction to the...
Hmm, I didn't think about the ear infection as part of the reaction - I was thinking about it the other way around, probably because that's what the FNP suggested.  I'll have to do some more specific research...it also worries me that DTaP is supposedly one that is less likely to cause side-effects (we haven't given her anything else but DTaP yet), and this was only her 2nd one.    I do give probiotics, and D3 supplements on days they don't get any sun.  But I might...
My younger girl received her second DTaP last week (no reaction to the 1st one, which she had about 2 months ago, same brand) and 2 days later woke up with swelling & redness at the injection site.  I took her back in to let the doc check her out, and during the course of the exam we discovered she had an ear infection (who knew?).  Anyway, the doc (FNP, actually) posited that the presence of the ear infection could have helped cause the site reaction.  She prescribed...