or Connect

Posts by ladyslipper

My daughter just started kindergarten and seems to love it, I cannot imagine keeping this experience from her.  She does struggle a little socially (which makes my stomach turn) but she is really learning and is not bothered by the social stuff.  You should be able to be a parent volunteer if you like.  My daughter's teacher is always inviting parent interaction in the classroom.  Bottom line, my daughter was ready for kindergarten and I was not.  I am starting to get...
Can I use raw honey with my tea and nurse a 24 month old and a 7 month old?
Quote: Originally Posted by SquibsNCrackers It's in the first paragraph here: http://www.bbs.ca.gov/consumer/consu...h_online.shtml and the first paragraph here: http://www.bbs.ca.gov/consumer/consu...h_online.shtml As far as I know there are no statutes and regulations governing life coaches and spiritual advisors. I certainly cannot dispute that information...good job finding it. Good for California....and the consumer! As part of...
Quote: Originally Posted by SquibsNCrackers Not true in CA. You could call yourself a mentor or a coach or spiritual advisor, but not a psychotherapist. Visit the CABBS site for more information if you're interested. http://www.bbs.ca.gov/ I visited the site out of interest, but just cannot find where it says it is illegal to advertise yourself as a psychotherapist? There are definite laws for the licensed professionals, but I had a hard time...
Quote: Originally Posted by gcgirl Finally. I've been trying to tell people for years this guy's a quack. But for some reason, people just love him. Anyone can file a complaint...it does not mean that he did anything wrong...yet!
Quote: Originally Posted by Arduinna UM no, not in the US. Every state I've lived in ( including CA ) has licensing requirements to practice in the state. There are licensing requirements in all states, but it does not mean that you need to be licensed to practice psychotherapy. You could have a fifth grade education and call yourself a psychotherapist, but you could not call yourself a psychologist.
Quote: Originally Posted by Brigianna I'm actually surprised he's not a real psychologist, 'cause imo they're a bunch of... well, let's just say that I have prejudices against the profession. to put it mildly. He is a real psychologist, he is just not licensed!
Quote: Originally Posted by kijip Ahh! I thought we did the same CSA when you said they ship to Alaska! I am local to them here in Seattle so I pay $29 for a weekly pick-up but usually add in some extras and spend around $40 a week total. Not a traditional CSA, but it is all organic and has more variety. Also I love that it is year round. As I said on the no-spend thread, it keeps me out of the grocery store too! I love this csa, I am go...
Thanks for your answers! I think I want one of those lead testers.
I want my dd to play with wood toys, and I was searching on ebay. All of a sudden I saw wooden vintage little people with 30 second left to bid, and I won them. The only problem is I don't know if my dd can play with them becuase the old paint is probaly contains a large amount of lead? Does anyone know? thanks in advance